Why Does Changing Navigation Bar Tint Color Introduce Gap

Casey

Feb 24, 2012, 1:50:32 AM2/24/12
to Three20
I'm extending the TTThumbsViewController class for my own photo
gallery and when I change the navigation tint color back to my
application color, a huge gap of space (40px?) is introduced at the
top of the of the photo gallery. As soon as I take out my code to
change the tint color, the photo gallery lines up perfectly below the
navigation bar. Could someone please tell me why this happens?

I've tried changing tint color using:

self.navigationBarTintColor = [UIColor colorWithHexString:
@"#224272"];
self.navigationController.navigationBar.tintColor = [UIColor
colorWithHexString: @"#224272"];

Both have the same result.

Tobias Klonk

Feb 24, 2012, 4:12:21 AM2/24/12
to thr...@googlegroups.com
The Problem is, that TTThumbsViewController expects a translucent NavigationBar and accounts for that by moving the table 44px to the bottom. You can workaround by adding this to your subclass:

- (void)updateTableLayout {
  self.tableView.contentInset = UIEdgeInsetsMake(4, 0, 0, 0);
  self.tableView.scrollIndicatorInsets = UIEdgeInsetsMake(0, 0, 0, 0);
}

Could you please open an issue at https://github.com/facebook/three20/issues

Tono

--
To learn more about Three20, check out http://three20.info

Casey

Feb 24, 2012, 7:05:19 PM2/24/12
to Three20
Thanks. That worked perfectly. I've opened the bug:
https://github.com/facebook/three20/issues/780