Three20 End of maintenance!

Tobias Klonk

Jun 27, 2013, 10:32:04 AM6/27/13
to thr...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

I just merged two pull requests from diederich to clearly mark three20 as no longer maintained, which it has been for quite a while now. Earlier today we saw, that it still looks tempting to start a new project with three20, so now it should be clear to everyone, that this is not a good idea.

I hope that step does not come as a surprise for anybody and I which all of you the best in improving your apps way beyond, what three20 could ever do.

Tono

Leonardo Parro Jr

Jun 27, 2013, 10:41:04 AM6/27/13
to thr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

When I'm starting iOS Development way back 2009, Three20 is my goto framework..it's good to see this framework come alive again! :)
Nowadays, there's a lot of specific iOS frameworks and thanks also to Cocoapods for making it easier to integrate 3rd party libraries in the project.
Let's see how Three20 & the community will evolves looking forward.

Cheers!

To learn more about Three20, check out http://three20.info

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Three20" group.

Tobias Klonk

Jun 27, 2013, 10:59:04 AM6/27/13
to thr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm very sorry, but three20 its *NOT* coming alive again. I just announced, that three20 is no longer maintained. There's effectively nobody taking care of it. The pull requests I just merge were only to clearly express that fact.

Three20 is still usable as it is, but it will no longer receive any updates until someone steps up to start taking care for it.

I would suggest to not start a new project using three20 and I would suggest to think about how it could be removed from app that should live on.

Regards
Tono

Leonardo Parro Jr

Jun 27, 2013, 11:05:44 AM6/27/13
to thr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tono,

I see. I thought you'll be taking up the torch.. :)
Thanks for clarification.

All the best! :)