Unable to build Thread Weaver

Iain Sproat

Jun 21, 2010, 8:06:44 AM6/21/10
to thread...@googlegroups.com
I've checked out r9 of Thread Weaver, but unfortunately am getting the
following error when attempting to build:

javassist-jar=../lib/javassist.jar
objenesis-jar=../lib/objenesis-1.2.jar
cglib-jar=../lib/cglib-2.2.jar
easymock-jar=../lib/easymock-3.0.jar
easymockclassextension-jar=../lib/easymockclassextension-3.0.jar
junit-jar=../lib/junit-4.8.2.jar
asm-jar=../lib/asm-3.3.jar

pathToSource\ThreadWeaver\build.xml:32: The following error occurred
while executing this line:
pathToSource\ThreadWeaver\main\build.xml:57: The following error
occurred while executing this line:
pathToSource\ThreadWeaver\main\build.xml:36: Error running javac.exe compiler

Any suggestions?

Iain

Alasdair Mackintosh

Jun 21, 2010, 1:48:32 PM6/21/10
to iains...@gmail.com, thread...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 5:06 AM, Iain Sproat <iains...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've checked out r9 of Thread Weaver, but unfortunately am getting the
> following error when attempting to build:
> [...]

> pathToSource\ThreadWeaver\build.xml:32: The following error occurred
> while executing this line:
> pathToSource\ThreadWeaver\main\build.xml:57: The following error
> occurred while executing this line:
> pathToSource\ThreadWeaver\main\build.xml:36: Error running javac.exe compiler

Hi Iain,

The error message that you included is just saying that there's a
problem running the java compiler, but it's not including any of the
output from javac, so it's not really possible to tell what the
problem is. Do you have the output from javac?

Without seeing the output, there are 2 possible things I can think of.
Firstly, are you sure that you're using version 6 of the JDK?
Secondly, your use of backslashes suggests that you are running on
Windows. I recently built ThreadWeaver on Windows, and I think I had
to put absolute paths into build.properties instead of relative ones:

cglib-jar=c:/java/lib/cglib-2.2.jar

If neither of these two things is the problem, I think I'd need to see
the output from javac to be able to help you.

Alasdair