Recognizing how to fix the USA

Larry Rice

Mar 12, 2009, 3:32:19 AM3/12/09
to thoughts...@googlegroups.com
At 3:27am on March 12, 2009, Larry Rice said…
Reasoning for the Healing of America

It's not enough to just know something's wrong. You've got to recognize what's wrong and define it's cause. Once you know you've been snake bit
you need to get the right anti-venom; that requires recognizing the snakes that bit you.

Humm, what is Wrong? Well, our money is in bad shape, our schools aren't working, and our government seems to be cancerous (growing out of control).

If things seem wrong now, let's back up in time to when things were generally accepted as right, so we can have a standard to compare.

If your car wasn't working right, you'd read the manual on how it was built to work.
So READ THE MANUFACTURER's MANUAL for our nation.
1776 seems like a good place to begin. Let's see the vision of those who designed and built this car, read the manufacturer's manual on why it was built and how.

The Declaration of Independence refers to a Supreme Judge, and says America depends on the Providence of God for her protection.

So what other documents should we read from the seed days of America?
How about a document that ruled how territories could become part of America?
Yeah, that makes sense. Read how new groups of people had to conform to certain standards before their territory could be admitted to the nation called the United States of America. That document is the Northwest Ordinance.

Of course there is the Constitution also. Do you know what that says?

What do these documents say about three of our worst problems today?
Our failing schools (which represents our children's time and effort),
our failing money which represents the fruit of our labors, and
our cancerous government which has grown out of control ?

Topics to cover next include
Constitutional ideas on money and why it was included
Norwest Ordinance on new states, and in particular their ideas on schools
Limited rights of the federal government and the rights of the people and states

Then take a look at early schools, early money, and early government so we can compare to now and see what's different. It will show us what's wrong.
The schools no longer teach the laws of nature and nature's God.
The money is no longer controled by congress
And the government is serving itself more than the people, serving it's growth at the expense of the people.

Those three things are huge. We need anti-venomn for those three snake bites.

Let the schools do as they had always done from 1620 until 1948 when the nine men re-wrote the law.

Put congress in control of the money like the Constitution required until 1912 when New York and European bankers took control.

Cut off the funding of federal government growth, especially that which robs the people of their rights, and including that cancerous growth which tries to make up new rights.

=========== to be completed ===== any help , suggestions appreciated...

I see this seed of an idea as worthy of development for a presentation to hand out so people can read the roots of our situation.
Appealing to reason . "Come , let us reason together..." is scriptural
Moderate enough to not scare people off .... is scriptural
The documents are historical fact.

These things followed by scripture, inviting God to help show the light , can reach people. Not everyone, perhaps just some, but we have a nation that needs to understand.

My website has been up since January 1997 in an effort to help.
Please see
http://christianparents.com/gha01.html
http://christianparents.com/gba01.html
www.cia.christianparents.com

Michael Shea

Mar 12, 2009, 8:58:47 PM3/12/09
to thoughts...@googlegroups.com

Hi Larry

The piece I wrote questing the sun setting on the Republic (below) I think parallels your thoughts on recognizing what’s wrong and how the fix the country. Perhaps parallel in thoughts, but less positive in tone.

Regards

Michael A. Shea

http://www.godtheoriginalintent.com/

Is the sun setting on the Republic?

At the conclusion of the Constitutional Convention, Benjamin Franklin commenting on the painting of the sun on the back of Washington’s chair said, “I have often in the course of the session ... looked at that sun behind the President without being able to tell whether it was rising or setting. But now at length I have the happiness to know it is a rising and not a setting sun.” The sun was indeed rising on the new Republic; because, She had God’s blessing and assistance behind her.

     When work at the convention had come to a complete standstill, Franklin (one of the least religious) stood requesting the addition of daily prayer. He said, “All of us who were engaged in the struggle [Revolutionary War] must have observed frequent instances of a superintending providence [God] in our favor. ….And have we now forgotten that powerful friend? Or do we imagine that we no longer need His assistance? …without His concurring aid we shall succeed in this political building no better than the builders of Babel.”

     As Franklin emerged from Independence Hall the final day of the convention, he was asked by a woman, “Mr. Franklin what have you given us?” He responded, “A Republic, Madam, if you can keep it.” But have we kept it?

     What would Benjamin Franklin say today, if he could sit in Congress? Rather than statesman driven by moral Biblical principles, he would see many politicians driven by power and greed. He would see many with a sworn oath to God, to “support and defend the Constitution” with disdain for both God and Constitution. Worse, he would witness politicians working to undermine the very document fellow Founders spent weeks laboring on that hot Philadelphia summer. The document John Adams said was “the greatest single effort of national deliberation that the world has ever seen.” He would be grieved to know it is now unread by most Americans. Franklin would be dismayed to see a society largely lacking in manners, piety and virtue. He could only conclude the sun was now setting on the Republic.

     Washington said that “It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favor.” The Founding Fathers understood that divine blessings and protection could not be expected for a nation that does not acknowledge God, His laws and providence. While God and His laws still remain in hearts and minds of some Americans, too many have substituted atheistic humanism as their truth and foundation of government. Our political buildings today have become towers of Babel. As Franklin voiced at the convention, it is “In the sacred writings that, except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it.”

     If we hope to survive as a Republic, we must elect men and women to office who who fear God and understand the biblical basis of law and government.” We need to educate our young on their God given rights, so they know when they are violated by knifing politicians and government. Public education “is favorable to Liberty,”said Benjamin Rush “Freedom can exist only in the society of knowledge. Without learning, men are incapable of knowing their rights, and to where learning is confined to a few people, liberty can be neither equal our universal.” “The only foundation for a useful education in a republic is to be laid in religion. Without this there can be no virtue, and without virtue there can be no liberty.”

     Samuel Adams warned that “The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil Constitution, are worth defending at all hazards; and it is our duty to defend them against all attacks. We have received them as a fair inheritance from our worthy ancestors: they purchased them for us with toil and danger and expense of treasure and blood, and transmitted them to us with care and diligence. It will bring an everlasting mark of infamy on the present generation, enlightened as it is, if we should suffer them to be wrested from us by violence without a struggle or to be cheated out of them by the artifices of false and designing men.”

     We must return back to founding principles and put God in His proper role over our nation, “One Nation Under God.” If we do not, then the light will continue to dim as sun sets on the republic. - Download - PDF

http://www.godtheoriginalintent.com/web%20pages/Editorial%20Comments.html

A</table