The Greatest Love Ever Shown

Larry Rice

Jun 24, 2008, 2:10:25 AM6/24/08
to thoughts...@googlegroups.com
Many see a man hanging on the cross.

How many see the glory

People standing there 2,000 years ago saw darkness
over the whole land.  It was dark between the sixth and the ninth hour
of Jesus' time on the cross.

At the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying,
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?  which is, being interpreted,
My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

During those three hours, all the sins of all people from all time
were drawn to Jesus like iron filings to a magnet.

Those sins and the curse thereof were nailed to the cross in the flesh
of Jesus the Christ.

What the angels beheld was the increasing glory of God
showing forth more and more
upon and through the Lord Jesus Christ
for it took the grace of God for our Saviour to bear all those sins
and all that pain and suffering and heart- break and agony of all men.

The shikina glory shone greater and greater
as the manifold grace of God absorbed all those sins
into the flesh of Jesus nailed to that cross.

Jesus did not break emotionally, nor were any of his bones broken.

That pain of soul and body that has broken many to tears and emotional
outbursts, He endured all from all men from all time.

Surely, the glory of God was manifest, as He in love for us
and for the joy of our salvation, remained there on the cross;
not coming down though He were the only begotten Son of God.

How much have you endured
that you might help another
for Christ's sake?

As you look unto Him, there at the cross, knowing He has already borne it;
you receive strength to bear it.  Hebrews 12:2

LR

Jul 5, 2008, 12:47:43 AM7/5/08
to thoughtsonliving
The Shekinah Glory