Respect to a superior officer

Larry Rice

Jun 10, 2008, 12:27:28 AM6/10/08
to thoughts...@googlegroups.com
If the captain salutes the General, it fulfills many things.

How big of a thing is it for the captain to lift both hands to his Almighty God?
It is a little thing, but mentioned in scripture at 1st Timothy 2:8

See also :
Exodus 17:11
1st Kings 8:22
2nd Chronicles 6:12

I Timothy 2:8 I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.

Exodus 17:11 And it came to pass, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed: and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed.

I Kings 8:22  And Solomon stood before the altar of the LORD in the presence of all the congregation of Israel, and spread forth his hands toward heaven:

II Chronicles 6:12  And he stood before the altar of the LORD in the presence of all the congregation of Israel, and spread forth his hands:

II Chronicles 33:12 And when he was in affliction, he besought the LORD his God, and humbled himself greatly before the God of his fathers,

Nehemiah 8:6 And Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the LORD with [their] faces to the ground.

Job 11:15 For then shalt thou lift up thy face without spot; yea, thou shalt be stedfast, and shalt not fear:

Psalms 28:2 Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee, when I lift up my hands toward thy holy oracle.

Psalms 134:2 Lift up your hands [in] the sanctuary, and bless the LORD.

Psalms 141:2 Let my prayer be set forth before thee [as] incense; [and] the lifting up of my hands [as] the evening sacrifice.

Lamentations 2:19 Arise, cry out in the night: in the beginning of the watches pour out thine heart like water before the face of the Lord: lift up thy hands toward him for the life of thy young children, that faint for hunger in the top of every street.

Lamentations 3:41 Let us lift up our heart with [our] hands unto God in the heavens.

larry...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2008, 12:30:57 AM6/10/08
to thoughtsonliving
A wonderful action of worship (Lam 3:41) . You can do it. Your faith
to do it will see huge blessings in the doing.