Natural Cold/Flu Remedies to Stockpile

1 view

Sarah Boye

Feb 12, 2011, 8:38:46 AM2/12/11
to thoughtful-moms-of-gr...@googlegroups.com
After being nearly defeated by this latest round of sickness, I'm really determined to put together a cold/flu survival kit.
So, what would go in your survival kit?

I know I want sambucus in there and I'm trying to find something like old indian wild cherry bark syrup that's in capsules instead of vile liquid. What else?

--
Sarah
=^..^=

Sarah Boye

Feb 12, 2011, 9:08:46 AM2/12/11
to thoughtful-moms-of-gr...@googlegroups.com
Oh haha! I totally have some nettle already! Awesome! I took it for a while for my allergies (didn't do enough for me unfortunately), but I'll put it in there!

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 8:53 AM, krysti abreu <krysti...@gmail.com> wrote:

Nettle is the Best thing for congestion. I use it on my girls (even my 7 month old) get the cut leaves from your local herbal or online or I think Whole Foods has a bag form. And make a tea. I put it in their cups and they they drink it up. Its not gross like most herbals either. Only ever takes a day to clear us up. As with all herbs. Make sure to drink plenty of water

--
Sarah
=^..^=

Sarah Boye

Feb 12, 2011, 9:42:58 AM2/12/11
to thoughtful-moms-of-gr...@googlegroups.com
My midwife suggested I try 1,000mg vit D, nettle and eyebright for my allergies instead of claritin. I had to switch back though. Still looking for a better solution for that. :/

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 9:41 AM, krysti abreu <krysti...@gmail.com> wrote:

I never heard of using it for allergies. Though, I guess its the same concept.

--
Sarah
=^..^=

--
Sarah
=^..^=

Sarah Boye

Feb 12, 2011, 9:50:25 AM2/12/11
to thoughtful-moms-of-gr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! I really hate having to take something everyday, but if I don't, I'm so miserable.

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 9:45 AM, krysti abreu <krysti...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hmmm ill ask around. I have a lot natural mom friends that may have an idea what you can do.

--
Sarah
=^..^=

--