Thomas Thorpe of Woodbridge (#1) vs. Zebulon Tharp of Virgina (#3)

wkf

May 4, 2016, 8:34:57 PM5/4/16
to ThorpeDNA.org Genealogy
My Thorp line through William Pleasant Thorp b. 17 DEC 1800 • Somerset County, Pennsylvania, USA and d. 31 JAN 1867 • Jollyville, Travis, Texas, USA of unknown parents matches both of these.

At 389-1 and 389-2 I match Thomas of Woodbridge (#1) with 13-29 and differ from Zebulon of Virginia (#3) who has 14-30.
At 459b I match Zebulon (#3) with 10 and differ from Thomas (#1) who has 9.

Other than that we match 25 markers they have tested.  It would be helpful to upgrade the (#1, #2, and #3) tests to cover more markers, such as to 67 or 111 like my test is.  Do we have a mechanism do do that upgrade through our group?

Any ideas where the above match puts my William Pleasant Thorp?

Brad Tharp

May 10, 2016, 6:32:22 AM5/10/16
to ThorpeDNA.org Genealogy
I upgraded to the 67 marker Y test on July 13, 2012 (for #3 Zebulon of Frederick County, VA).

William Pleasant
William Crawford
Jacob W
Moses
William married to Jane Austin
Thomas married to Ellis
Thomas married to Milward
John married to Chandler (I have 67 Chandler DNA cousins which adds support to this theory--1 fourth cousin Good level, 2 fifth-eighth cousin Good level, rest fifth-eighth Moderate level)

Isaac Tharp of my line married Magdalene Swisher in 1822 and moved from Hardy County,VA/WV to Licking County,Ohio.
John
Andrew
Zebulon
Joseph married to Hannah Richards
Thomas married to Milward
John married to Chandler

On FamilyTreeDNA we show a genetic distance of 6 of 67.

Significant Thorpe/Tharp DNA cousins of mine include (mostly from ancestry.com): sutherla77; A. G. admin by debrahartergaylord; C. M.; B. D.; snackbox30; Marie Emrich;JeanetteKoval; katnmoon7

Bradford Howard Tharp (Brad); brad...@DNAColonialAmerica.com or bht...@sbcglobal.net