What Line Do You Belong To?

Nate Tharp

Apr 29, 2016, 7:09:02 AM4/29/16
to ThorpeDNA.org Genealogy
If you'd like, post an introduction here of your research interests and DNA results. I've put Ellen's original website back up here http://archive.thorpedna.org/ which has great information on the various known genealogy lines resulting from the work of her and participants in the DNA project so far.

Nate Tharp

Apr 29, 2016, 7:17:50 AM4/29/16
to ThorpeDNA.org Genealogy
I'm Nate and I registered thorpedna.org after its original registration expired. Ellen Coffman had originally spearheaded the Thorpe DNA Project and made available alot of great information that I hated to see disappear. I'm still reading through the DNA literature trying to decide the best test and company for my budget.

I'm not sure which line of Tharp I descend from based on the DNA lines presented in the archive, but Zebulon Tharp's line is a possibility. I suspect my document-based research is only a 1-3 generations away from one of the documented DNA lines.

glthorpe3

Apr 30, 2016, 10:53:04 AM4/30/16
to ThorpeDNA.org Genealogy
I am Gerald Thorpe. Ellen assigned me to Haplogroup 6 (limbo!). My American American ancestor, William Thorpe of New Haven, arrived about 1637. My direct I
Line, Ransom Thorpe, immigrated to Canada from Lyon Township N.Y. around 1832 and from there, my Grandfather removed from Adelaide Township to Brown City, Michigan at the very end of the 19th century.

I am puzzled and disappointed that I am in a single member Haplogroup.

glthorpe3

Apr 30, 2016, 11:05:50 AM4/30/16
to ThorpeDNA.org Genealogy
William Thorpe and his oldest son, Nathaniel, from New Haven Connecticut are my direct ancestors

tom0...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2016, 8:27:14 AM6/21/16
to ThorpeDNA.org Genealogy
Thomas Thorpe of Woodbridge, NJ.  Interested in making sourced connections between Thomas 1631-1694 and his grandson or great-grandson Peter Thorp 1759-1823 (Tharp in his military papers).

wkf

Jun 21, 2016, 12:38:58 PM6/21/16
to ThorpeDNA.org Genealogy
Hi Tom,

One way we can solidify these connections is to increase the number of makers on our anchor yDNA tests that are linked to Thomas Thorpe of Woodbridge NJ.

To that end, we are looking for folks to contribute funds to the general fund of our project on Family Tree DNA.  Thus far, we have had $105 of contributions, from two members.  If you would like to pitch in too, that would help us reach the point where we can upgrade one of the two tests we have tied to him, when we get enough monies collected, we can upgrade the second one too.

We also want paper trail support as well, any contributions you can make would be appreciated if posted publically on wikitree:
-William
Project Administrator on Family Tree DNA for Thorpe surname