Step over, into and out buttons greyed out.

Peter Mead

Feb 19, 2021, 2:46:32 AM2/19/21
to thonny
I'm just starting a course on python and  the instructor recommended thonny. I installed it (linux) I turned the theme to dark, that's it. then just stupid print("Hello World!) and I can run it but the step over, step into, step out, and resume buttons are all greyed out. As a side note I believe realpython.com has been hacked because everything I try to click into there, including Join or Contact opens a new tab to aarp.org, but my question is:

Can anyone tell me how to make those buttons active??

Thanks!

Aivar Annamaa

Feb 19, 2021, 4:03:59 AM2/19/21
to thonny
Hi!

The step and resume buttons became available when you have started your code in debug mode (with the "bug" button). If the bug button is also grayed out, then make sure you are using Python 3 backend (check the lower-right corner of Thonny's window).

Best regards,
Aivar