Raspberry Pi Pico

Bernard Huddleston

Jan 28, 2021, 6:34:59 AM1/28/21
to thonny
I've installed Thonny to enable me to explore the new Pico  and micro-python world. I would like to know why the debugging is switched off when using the Pico interpreter. Is there a reason for this? I have been tearing my hair off trying to enable it, and I suddenly discovered is turned of for default interpreter, and turned off when selecting Pico. I've since discovered that its also turned off when selecting Esp8266 interpreter.

Aivar Annamaa

Jan 28, 2021, 12:08:36 PM1/28/21
to Bernard Huddleston, thonny
Hi!

The reason is that MicroPython does not support debugging.

Best regards,
Aivar

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 1:35 PM Bernard Huddleston <bernie.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've installed Thonny to enable me to explore the new Pico  and micro-python world. I would like to know why the debugging is switched off when using the Pico interpreter. Is there a reason for this? I have been tearing my hair off trying to enable it, and I suddenly discovered is turned of for default interpreter, and turned off when selecting Pico. I've since discovered that its also turned off when selecting Esp8266 interpreter.

Bernard Huddleston

Jan 29, 2021, 11:57:26 AM1/29/21
to thonny
Thank you for the explanation