No Plotter Option

Lucas P

Jan 4, 2021, 6:02:13 PM1/4/21
to thonny
I have no plotter option in the Shell's context menu or in the "View" menu. I am running 3.1.2 on Windows 10 (64-bit).

Thank you

Aivar Annamaa

Jan 5, 2021, 1:10:45 AM1/5/21
to thonny
Hi!

Plotter was introduced in Thonny 3.2

Best regards,
Aivar

Lucas P

Jan 5, 2021, 11:28:26 AM1/5/21
to thonny
Thank you Aivar,

I ran the 3.3.1.exe, but Thonny is still showing version 3.1.2. Any ideas? I'm happy to Zoom/record a video if it if that helps.

Aivar Annamaa

Jan 5, 2021, 12:30:57 PM1/5/21
to thonny
Hi Lucas,

I suspect the older version of Thonny has ended up in "user site packages" directory and it takes precedence over the desired version in site-packages. Perhaps you have installed a plug-in via pip?

Anyway, I suggest you open Thonny's plug-in manager (Tools => Manage plug-ins) and select "thonny" from the list on the left. You should see where the package is installed to. If it ends with "/Python/Python37/site-packages" and the version of the package is "3.1.2", then you should uninstall this copy of Thonny. After this you should still see "thonny" in the list, but now it should be the newer version.

Please file a bug if this doesn't help: https://github.com/thonny/thonny/issues/new

Best regards,
Aivar

Lucas P