running from the mob

1 view

bad_moonr...@yahoo.com

Sep 14, 2008, 5:03:12 PM9/14/08
to Thompson looking for Thompsons
Please help me find my father. Alfred Thompson when married to my
mother went by the name of Gene. They were getting ready to move to
Oklahoma when he came up missing the night before. when my mother woke
up he was gone and all of his belongings were still in the car. For
along time she thought he might have been dead. I found out about the
age of 12 that he was not dead and later mother told me a few things
about Gene but she did not like to talk about him. I think my mother
never really got over Gene. And what made things harder for her I look
and act allot like him. We had always had horses and I started
training them at a very early age. I have a gift when it comes to
training horses I just know what is wrong and they sense it and the
rest goes easy. I think its something passed down thru the Cherokee
line. I know it sounds strange but it is the only thing i can think of
my father had it and so do i. Something you might want to know I dont
blame Gene for leaving. In our town of Van Wert Ohio Gene and my
mother Nancy had allot of horses and a few race horses as well. One
horses was well wanted by a group of people known in our parts to be
the local mob. There ties went all the way to florida and Gene trained
horses for them. One happend to be the sherrif at the time so you know
how the story would go. They wanted his horse and my parents did not
want to sell him. To get away from the local mob which i was told my
father feared what they would do they were going to move to Oklahoma.
They packed the night before and my uncle was going to drive with
them. My mother awoke some time in the night to find that Gene was
gone and so was the horses. all of Gene's stuff was still in the car
and there was blood on the ground. My mother went to get the sheriff
and to her surprise there was her horses. She was told he was bought
but had no bill of sale and my mother said Gene would have never sold
the horse to the sheriff he hated him and the rest of the crooks he
ran around with. The sheriff told my mother to go home and shut up or
she would be missing next. How much of this story is true im not shur
but some of the facts are there. and my family has told me Gene would
have never left me unless he was afraid for his life or was trying to
protect me and my mother. The crooked cop is now dead as well as his
deputy. The rest of the mob are still around for the most part with
there hands in some of the business around here. I would love to meet
my father and any other siblings i might have. I dont belive my mother
done the right thing in not helping me with finding my father towards
the end she told me i should and gave me a few things she could
remember but after 43 years of trying to forget she did forget alot.
She has passed away now and I miss her very much I have never held any
bad feelings for her not telling me or helping me she had her reasons
as well as my father had his for leaving the past is something we can
study and learn from and in no way can we change it. The present we
have to live in and our actions we take affect the future which
becomes the past that we look back and say i wish i would have done
things differently. Well I have no hate in my heart for any of my
family and wish more than anything to meet my father and his family he
has 4 grandchildren who would love to meet him as well. So if any one
knows Gene ( Alfred Eugene Thompson) his family is waiting to here
from him. Thank you Shawn