thisquietarmy / TQA Records News 2013#4

thisquietarmy / TQA Records

Jul 30, 2013, 6:44:40 PM7/30/13
to thisqu...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

The Brazil tour went great! Many thanks to Muriel & Erick from Dissenso Records/Labirinto for making it happen!

There is plenty of documentation on the internet posted on Facebook and whatnot. Hoping to maybe do a DVD of the Sao Paulo show or compile a special post-tour release but that's so much work, so we'll see. During my stay, I also recorded some stuff at Dissenso Studios, witnessed riots, made a 'World Protest' video for Brazil & Turkey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib1oDNi_-JA and instagramed a whole bunch http://instagram.com/thisquietarmy (see from may 21 to june 26-ish).

The Labirinto/thisquietarmy split also came out on CD & LP, and it looks really good. Reviews have been all-around favorable, so if you haven't heard or bought it yet, you can grab it through Pirate Ship Records (USA): http://pirateshiprecords.storenvy.com/products/1499803-labirinto-thisquietarmy-split-lp, ConSouling Sounds (Europe): http://store.consouling.be/product_info.php?products_id=1051, Oxide Tones (Europe): http://store.oxide-tones.com/project/thisquietarmy-labirinto-eclipse-lp/, Dissenso (Brazil): http://dissensorecords.com/br/loja/labirinto/labirinto-split-thisquietarmy-lp-2013/ or TQA Records (Canada): http://thisquietarmy.storenvy.com/products/1522693-labirinto-thisquietarmy-split-cd + http://thisquietarmy.storenvy.com/products/1775797-labirinto-thisquietarmy-split-lp

As usual, I'm swamped in new projects. A new album is ready, it's called 'Hex Mountains' and it features some pretty guests for a change! It will be released on CD & LP through Denovali Records in October. Also, a vinyl re-issue of Blackhaunter will finally see the day at the same time through Denovali. More details in the fall.

Thisquietarmy has also been confirmed for Amplifest in Porto, Portugal on October 19-20th - also confirmed are the likes of Aluk Todolo, Chelsea Wolfe, Deafheaven, Russian Circles, Year of No Light, Evangelista, Body/Head and more: http://amplificasom.com/event/amplifest-2013/. Thisquietarmy has also been confirmed for the Moving Noise festival in Bochum, Germany on November 16th with Aidan Baker, Dirk Serries, Svarte Greiner, Duane Pitre, N and more: http://www.thepostrock.de/moving-noises-festival/. More dates in between will be confirmed.

Also The Church of the Friendly Ghost has invited Thisquietarmy to perform a one-off show in Austin, Texas on August 25th at the Salvage Vanguard Theater. More info here: http://friendlyghost.org/

Oh and hey impromtu Bandcamp summer sale, 20% off anything. I've also re-organized it for the TQA newbies or those still confused or intimidated by the ever growing discography (row 1 - full-lengths, row 2 - collabs and splits, row 3 - eps & misc)
discount code: "summersale13"
valid until: august 9th, 2013.

Have a great summer!

e.