thisquietarmy / TQA Records News 2011#5

thisquietarmy / TQA Records

Nov 15, 2011, 12:39:02 AM11/15/11
to thisquietarmy / TQA Records
Hi there!

Some news:

#RESURGENCE
#UNCONQUERED:

The Resurgence 2xCDs have arrived at the TQA store!
https://thisquietarmy.storenvy.com/products/191730-thisquietarmy-resurgence-2xcd

Shipping is higher than usual because it's a double CD. I've added a
FAQ explaining Canada Post's rates here: http://thisquietarmy.storenvy.com/faq

The Resurgence & Unconquered LPs will probably arrive at the store in
about a month. HOWEVER - I will most likely *not* have enough special
limited edition for sale. And if I do have enough of the regular black
vinyl edition for the store, I will probably only be shipping them to
North America - as it would cost 38$ to ship a 2xLP overseas (see FAQ
above). It will be cheaper & fairer to go through my label Denovali,
as they ship 4-6 LPs overseas from Germany for only 16 euros, and much
cheaper than that within Europe. The pre-order for both Resurgence
2xCD/2xLP/2xLP+7" & Unconquered 2xLP is still on-going, and you can
also purchase the digital downloads instantly through them.

That said - if you are able to purchase any of these, please do it
through the label as they are investing a huge amount of money to make
beautiful high-quality packaging for my releases. We'll probably see
more albums and vinyl re-issues from them in the near future if it all
works out: http://www.denovali.com/thisquietarmy

Denovali is also booking my next European tour for April 2012 with
label mate & Montreal friends AUN. If you're a booker, or (know)
someone interested in booking us, please contact them - you will find
our potential routing, updated as they go along on this page:
http://denovali.com/booking/

++

#SEQUENCE2

I have a new track called "Aeronaut" on SEQUENCE2 compilation curated
by Future Sequence UK webzine, along with 42 other ambient/electronic/
experimental artists such as: Seaworthy, Jannick Schou, Felicia
Atkinson, Nils Frams & Anne Muller, etc. My track is about a boy
trying to reach imaginary planets on a propeller plane/space shuttle
hybrid. The whole compilation (4+ hours!) is available as a FREE
download - more info here: http://futuresequence.com/sequence2/

++

#MOREHOPEFORJAPAN

I will also have another track called "The Battle of Tohoku" on the
More Hope for Japan compilation curated by German label Oxide Tones,
along with 36 other post-rock/indie/ambient artists - including: The
Toy Library, Labirinto, Messages to Bear, Absent Without Leave, The
Ascent Of Everest, Her Name is Calla, Signal Hill, etc. There will be
a special 4xCD edition limited to 100 copies only -also available as a
digital download. This is coming up at the end of the month, so check
often if you want to be sure to snatch a copy. Of course, all the
money goes to Japan - everything is explained on the website. More
info on the comp here: http://morehopeforjapan.com/more-hope-for-japan/

++

#TQARECORDS

None of the planned releases will be ready for 2011 - the last one is
Parallel Lines' 11:3:11 2x3" CDR/DVDR, which is still hot:
https://thisquietarmy.storenvy.com/admin/products/155114

In the beginning of 2012, we will be releasing polish composer Adrian
Anioł's Arrhythmia's soundtrack, which is currently being remixed and
remastered as a new work. For now, you can listen to his stuff here:
http://adriananiol.bandcamp.com/

We'll also be co-releasing a 3xCD document from Aidan Baker &
thisquietarmy, which will feature live solo sets as well as a live
collaborative performance from our European tour last june.

The Aural Diptych split series will still go on. Lovesliescrushing's
Scott Cortez & Melissa Arpin-Duimstra still haven't delivered their
"Glinter" split, but it should be ready very soon. We are also talking
to some new and interesting artists into doing some together, stay
tuned.

++

That will be all for now... As usual, I'm pretty active on Facebook/
Twitter for daily happenings & occasional glimpses of what I'm up to.

Cheers!
Eric.

http://www.thisquietarmy.com
http://www.facebook.com/thisquietarmy