TQA Records pre-order: Aidan Baker & thisquietarmy - Document: Eurotour 2011

1 view

thisquietarmy / TQA Records

Feb 7, 2012, 10:13:36 AM2/7/12
to thisquietarmy / TQA Records
Hey ------ this is another pre-order!

I suggest you don't miss this one as we expect to sell everything
pretty quickly. Read on, and you will surely understand why.

As always, thank you for your support.

Eric / TQA Records.

++

AIDAN BAKER & THISQUIETARMY - DOCUMENT: EUROTOUR 2011 - LIVE IN PARIS
& LJUBLJANA

The long awaited 3xCD document from Aidan Baker & thisquietarmy's
European tour in 2011 is finally available!

This document should have been available sooner, but the magnitude of
this project overcame several mutations. In the end, we wanted to
present this document as a very limited box set with tons of goodies
as to relate the tour experience as much as possible, and to be
distributed directly into their hands of our closet fans. No middlemen
& no promos for this one. Thus, we have chosen to release it through
TQA Records (thisquietarmy's label) & Pirate Ship Records (one of our
mutual fan), with the exclusive distribution from Basses Fréquences
(our mutual French label) & Broken Spine Productions (Aidan Baker's
label). This document presents 3 live sets on 3 separate black-
bottomed discs:

Disc 1 (silver) - Aidan Baker & thisquietarmy - Live in Paris (May
29th, 2011)
Disc 2 (white) - Aidan Baker - Live in Ljubljana (June 7th, 2011)
Disc 3 (black) - thisquietarmy - Live in Ljubljana (June 7th, 2011)

The Paris show was set up by Basses Fréquences, at the Village Label
of the Villette Sonique festival for a collaboration between Aidan
Baker & thisquietarmy, in which Aidan have decided to play the drums
merely five minutes before the show started. Needless to say that this
recording has captured an incredibly unique & spontaneous performance
that was not rehearsed in any way, and that could never be reproduced
again. The solo sets from the Ljubljana concert (set up by Rok
Pregelj) were recorded at Menza Pri Koritu with the collaboration of
the venue's soundman Marko Trsenjak. Aidan's set was completely
improvised, while thisquietarmy's set incorporates some open-ended
song structures from his latest releases mixed with several improvised
segments.

Additionally, we have included a tour report, a tour diary (written by
Eric Quach), 3 flyers from the Bochum (designed by Dimitrios Kaitsis),
Paris (designed by Jerome Moncada) & Ljubljana (designed by Zoran
Pungercar) show and an unique set of 6 photographs randomly picked
from 100 photos taken during the tour by Eric Quach. All of these
items fit inside an elegant white A7 envelope, on which was printed a
photograph of Aidan Baker & thisquietarmy, taken the morning after the
first show of the tour in Bochum, Germany by Cristobal Marquez.

The whole thing is enclosed inside a beautiful white DVD triple-case.
Lastly, every case is decorated with an old and unique European stamp,
and also includes a custom-made guitar pick embedded with Pirate Ship
Records' & TQA Records' logos. Everything was designed, printed, cut
and hand-assembled by Eric Quach, with the help of Jason Sykes.

Release date: Febuary 14th, 2012. Regular price: 25$ + shipping.

Pre-order between Febuary 7th and Febuary 13th to reserve your copy,
specially priced at only 20$ + shipping:
https://thisquietarmy.storenvy.com/products/256477-tqa021-aidan-baker-thisquietarmy-eurotour-2011-3xcd

Also available digitally for 10$:
http://tqarecords.bandcamp.com/album/tqa021-aidan-baker-thisquietarmy-document-eurotour-2011-live-in-paris-ljubljana