thisquietarmy / TQA Records News 2012#1

thisquietarmy / TQA Records

Jun 4, 2012, 6:15:40 PM6/4/12
to thisquietarmy / TQA Records
Hey,

Somehow this is the first newsletter of the year --- ha. All other
messages from 2012 were pre-orders & urgent announcements.

First, thanks to everyone who made it out in Europe! It was a blast!
Great intense tour, 24 shows in 30 days (including 16 with AUN) in
Holland, Germany, Denmark, France, Switzerland, Austria, Spain &
Portugal. I made a video of the journey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWEDMv3qBbY

* Next shows (with AUN) in North America:

June 6 - Mobius Gallery - 55 Norfolk St, Cambridge, MA 02139
June 7 - The Acheron - 57 Waterbury St, Brooklyn, NY 11206
June 8 - Eris Temple Arts - 602 S 52nd St, Philadelphia, PA 19176
June 21 - Casa Del Popolo - Montreal, QC (Suoni Per Il Popolo
festival)

We might do some shows in Southern Ontario & possibly Chicago late-
August/early-September.

Plans are also in motion to return to Europe from mid-September to end
of October - looking into the UK & Eastern Europe with AUN as well as
a small tour with Year of No Light in Western Europe. I'll be playing
the Denovali Swingfest in Essen, Germany on Oct. 5 - check out the
line-up here: http://denovali.com/swingfest/

More European dates & festivals will be announced this summer.

* Latest thisquietarmy & related releases:

- Year of No Light/thisquietarmy split-collaboration LP is out on
Destructure (France):
http://www.destructure.org/shop/year-of-no-light-thisquietarmy-collaboration-split-lp

- thisquietarmy - Vessels LP is out on Aurora Borealis (UK):
http://www.aurora-b.com/AB_store.html

- Parallel Lines - Infinity CD is out on Where Are My Records (Canada)
& Oxide Tones (Germany):
http://www.wherearemyrecords.com/?lang=en&page=parallellines001
http://shop.oxide-tones.com/2012/04/parallel-lines-infinity/

- thisquietarmy + Yellow6 - Death Valley 2xCD is out on Basses
Fréquences (France):
http://bassesfrequences.bigcartel.com/product/thisquietarmy-yellow6-death-valley-cd-edition

- thisquietarmy - Chimeras (Tim Hecker cover) appears on the digital-
only CJLO compilation "YOU'RE RELATED" Vol. 1: Montreal Artists
Covering Montreal Artists" (Canada):
http://www.cjlo.com/magazine/feature/youre-related-vol-1 + video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcxKzAqOwp0

Of course, you also can find all those physical objects through
thisquietarmy & TQA Records store:
http://thisquietarmy.storenvy.com/collections/36057-new-items
(we're still waiting on those Vessels LP though... keep checking in
the next days, but we got new tote bags!)

* Upcoming TQA Records releases:

- Aidan Baker / Leah Buckareff (Nadja) - Aural Diptych #7 (June 2012)
- Northumbria debut CD (June 2012)
- Loveliescrushing - Glinter CD (July 2012)
- Talvihorros / Ekca Liena - Aural Diptych #8 (August 2012)

++

That's about it for now... hope I didn't forget anything!

Please keep checking the social medias such Facebook & twitter for the
recent updates, it's your best bet to catch everything in real time if
you don't want to miss any opportunities... It will be a busy summer.

Cheers!
e.

http://www.thisquietarmy.com
Message has been deleted