thisquietarmy / TQA Records News 2013#3

thisquietarmy / TQA Records

May 14, 2013, 4:51:11 PM5/14/13
to thisqu...@googlegroups.com
Hey!

The Euro spring tour went great, met a lot of new folks along the way, leading to great possibilities and opportunities for the future. It was also a relaxing semi-vacation tour, which meant that I took more time to visit, do some sightseeing, eat great food and just hang out in general. Check out my Instagram account as there are some great pictures from Istanbul, Athens & Bruges, and a bit everything in between: http://instagram.com/thisquietarmy

And now for a new release!

A split with an ambitious Brazilian instrumental band called Labirinto will be released on June 11th, but is already available for pre-order. This project has been in the works for more than a year and there has been a lot of different obstacles, but we also had great help from a collaborating cast of our friends ConSouling Sounds (Belgium), Pirate Ship Records (USA) & Dissenso Records (Brazil), with a distribution partnership from Oxide Tones (Germany) & a PR partnership with Domino Media Agency (France).

Here's the press release & tracklist:

LABIRINTO / THISQUIETARMY - SPLIT

A1. Labirinto - Tahrir
A2. Labirinto - Diluvium
A3. Labirinto - 11 Palmos

B1. thisquietarmy - Eclipse
B2. thisquietarmy - Paths to Illumination
B3. thisquietarmy - World Protest
B4. thisquietarmy - Abandonment

Once again, the one-man drone machine thisquietarmy from Montreal (Canada) teams up with another sonically different experimental post-rock band Labirinto from Sao Paulo (Brazil). They both met and played together in Montreal when Labirinto was touring in North America (early 2012). While Labirinto & thisquietarmy are from different hemispheres, they both have a mutual admiration for each other's sound and work ethics, as well as their shared influences of textured sounds such ambient, psychedelic, post-rock & black metal. Furthermore, their common perspective of the world have bound them to create a record inspired by cultural & social values, political situations and universal phenomenons.

As an ambitious 7-piece band, Labirinto's instrumentation includes a combination of orchestral guitar riffs, synthesizers, bass, cello, drums & percussion. Their critically acclaimed 2010 debut album "Anatema" was by mixed Greg Norman (Pelican, Russian Circles) - this time, they asked Tony Doogan (Mogwai) to mix the tracks for this split record. As for thisquietarmy, he showcases the different sides of his staple drone buildups & dark ambient soundscapes.

Official release date: June 11th.

Pre-order links:

I also carry CD copies for now, LPs will be available after the Brazilian tour:

PR - Worldwide - Domino Media Agency: domin...@gmail.com

Speaking of which, I will tour in Brazil for this release, here are the confirmed dates so far:

26/05 - Itajaí/SC @ Señor Hostel
30/05 - Porto Alegre/RS @ Signos Pub
06/06 - Rio de Janeiro/RJ @ Audio Rebel
07/06 - Cabo Frio/RJ @ Teatro Municipal de Cabo Frio