thisquietarmy / TQA Records News 2014#6

thisquietarmy / TQA Records

Nov 19, 2014, 1:48:28 PM11/19/14
to thisqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Just thought I should update you guys about the happenings - especially for those not following the real time updates on facebook, twitter, instagram & such.

It's been 3 weeks since I've been back from the Europe-Japan-Europe tour and it all went smoothly. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who made the tour possible and to everyone who manage to attend. As always, it was a blast - met some lovely people & bands everywhere. During these last 6 weeks, I traveled 40,000 km to play in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Holland, Italy & Japan.

Incubate in Tilburg, NL was one of the best festivals I've played. Skylinereviews even including me twice in their top 10 of Incubate alongside with Goat, Wovenhand, Thee Silver Mt. Zion, Krallice & Nadja, which was really nice. The shows in Berlin, Toulouse, Marseille, Rome, Innsbruck, Ghent were highlights of the European parts of the tour while Japan was a completely surreal experience in itself, and I specifically have Archaique Smile & Tokyo Jupiter Records to thank for that. You can check a video of my full set at WARP in Tokyo on Oct. 19th here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-63DJsdwt1o

TOUR LEFTOVERS:

As usual with end of tours, there's a TQA Records store update with some tour leftovers & new items (very limited quantities):

- thisquietarmy - Japan tour T-shirts (MIJ) in navy blue & military green (S, M, L)
http://thisquietarmy.storenvy.com/products/10445322-thisquietarmy-rebirths-t-shirt-japan-tour-mij

- Aidan Baker/TQA: Hypnodrone Ensemble CD (Consouling Sounds)
http://thisquietarmy.storenvy.com/products/10445106-aidan-baker-thisquietarmy-hypnodrone-ensemble-cd

- thisquietarmy - Rebirths LP (TQA Records), a tour variant that comes with a set of 7 prints
http://thisquietarmy.storenvy.com/products/10445190-tqa033-thisquietarmy-rebirths-lp-pvc-version-with-set-of-7-photos

RESTOCKS:

- Parallel Lines "White Fur /// Black Cathedral" LP (Oaken Palace Records, UK-based charity label): we are so close to breaking even to finally be able to generate profits to make a donation to our charity "Polar Bears International". Special 15$ only!
http://thisquietarmy.storenvy.com/products/1154083-parallel-lines-black-fur-white-cathedral

- Noveller/thisquietarmy "Reveries" LP (Shelter Press, sold out there - last copies)
http://thisquietarmy.storenvy.com/products/8436201-noveller-thisquietarmy-reveries-lp

- thisquietarmy - Hex Mountains CD (Denovali)
http://thisquietarmy.storenvy.com/products/4395241-thisquietarmy-hex-mountains-cd

- thisquietarmy - Resurgence 2CD (Denovali)
http://thisquietarmy.storenvy.com/products/191730-thisquietarmy-resurgence-2xcd

SPECIAL BUNDLES on TQA Records titles:

We still got some of these and we are trying to make space for new releases. So if you haven't taken a chance on these fine releases, now would be the opportunity (also great x-mas gifts!).

- TQA028 - Thisquietarmy - Live in Sao Paulo, Brazil DVD
- TQA029 : Sequences - As The Dust Reveals All CD
- TQA030 : Mains de Givre - Mort CD
- TQA031 : Le Chat Blanc Orchestra - Three Flats Too Minor CD
- TQA034 : André Foisy - The End of History CD

BANDCAMP MAILING LIST 15% DISCOUNT

If you have no desire for the physical copy, at least help out by loading up your ipod with legal digital files straight from the artist's Bandcamp. Here's a 15% discount code to help you out - code: mailinglist (expires Dec. 1st), works for these Bandcamp accounts:

http://thisquietarmy.bandcamp.com
http://tqarecords.bandcamp.com
http://parallellines.bandcamp.com
http://mainsdegivre.bandcamp.com
http://destroyalldreamers.bandcamp.com
http://ghidrah.bandcamp.com

NEW RELEASES & THINGS TO COME

- La Cohu has released a 3x tapes of Montreal artists, with an exclusive track "Riten" from thisquietarmy, limited to 75 copies: http://lacohu.bandcamp.com/album/mtl-tapes

- thisquietarmy - Insect Kingdom CS (Oaken Palace Records) - coming early 2015

- André Foisy with thisquietarmy performing at the IFNM in Frankfurt CS (Broken Limbs Recordings) - coming early 2015

SHOWS:

Last two of the year will take place next month in Montreal & Toronto with Nadja & Black Walls. Tickets are on sale and I suggest you get some in advance as they might run out:

Dec. 19 - Casa del Popolo, Montreal
https://www.facebook.com/events/716804001720904/
Available at L'Oblique, Atom Heart, Cheap Thrills & Phonopolis for 10$.
Online: https://www.lfttckt.com/tickets/LFTTCKT-NADJABLACKWALLSTHISQUIETARMY-15611-1399401334

Dec. 20 - Geary Lane, Toronto
https://www.facebook.com/events/794304620615084/
Available at Rotate This & Soundscapes for 12$, doors 15$.

Thanks for all your support! Next update in 2015.
Have a good end of the year & pre-happy holidays.

e.