Specifying an index to update when running ts:index

Jeremy Meigs

Oct 19, 2018, 7:47:23 PM10/19/18
to Thinking Sphinx
Anyone have an option for specifying an index so we don't rebuild them all. We have several indices and would like to specify which index to rebuild.

Thanks, Jeremy

Pat Allan

Oct 19, 2018, 7:56:23 PM10/19/18
to thinkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeremy,

This is possible using the INDEX_FILTER environment variable - as noted at the very bottom of the indexing docs (yes, not super obvious I know!):
https://freelancing-gods.com/thinking-sphinx/v4/indexing.html#processing

However, that option is relatively recent - if you’re not using TS v3.4 or newer, then a different approach is going to be required. Can you let us know which version you are using?

Kind regards,

—
Pat

On 20 Oct 2018, at 10:24 am, Jeremy Meigs <jer...@shopittome.com> wrote:

Anyone have an option for specifying an index so we don't rebuild them all. We have several indices and would like to specify which index to rebuild.

Thanks, Jeremy

Jeremy Meigs

Oct 19, 2018, 8:02:11 PM10/19/18
to thinkin...@googlegroups.com
OH my thanks Pat! I must be blind.

And yep... we're up to date with the latest.

Thanks so much, this gem rocks and we've been using it for many years now.

Jeremy

Pat Allan

Oct 19, 2018, 8:29:34 PM10/19/18
to thinkin...@googlegroups.com
So happy to know you’re still finding the gem useful :)

—
Pat