Matching words shorter than min_infix_length with stars: true

Roger Kind Kristiansen

Sep 30, 2019, 6:20:21 AM9/30/19
to Thinking Sphinx
Hi!

I'm using wildcard search and a min_infix_length: 2. This works great, but not when I'm searching for an entry that contains a single-letter word, and I search for that word. For example if the entry has a text of "a random name", and I search for this exact text, the search string ends up being "'*a* *random* *name*'", and the *a* ends up not matching anything.

Is there any simple way around this using thinking sphinx? Grateful for any suggestions!

--

A couple of things I've considered:

* Manually set up the search string for each search, so it becomes "'a random name | '*a* *random* *name*'". I'd rather avoid having to do this, if possible
* Set index_exact_words=1. This seems to depend on dictionaries/morphology/wordforms to work, and I'm not sure how I'd use that, as the searches are in Norwegian

Cheers,
Roger

Pat Allan

Oct 5, 2019, 7:49:51 PM10/5/19
to thinkin...@googlegroups.com
I don’t have any suggestions for this I’m afraid. Sorry Roger!

Might be better to ask these questions on the Sphinx forum, or via StackOverflow or similar (in the latter case, you could tag it with Manticore as well, their team seems pretty on the ball about providing support - they’re a fork of Sphinx if you’re not familiar with it).

Cheers,

—
Pat