mnesia queries

1 view

boorad

Dec 17, 2008, 11:00:56 AM12/17/08
to thinkerlang
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone knows how mnesia queries its data...
Specifically, I'm wondering how the query mechanism scans through all
of the records. Can you or does it spawn a crapload of processes and
do the scanning in parallel? I imagine indexes can help this
situation, but it seems to me that it's a sequential process with very
little concurrent activity, unless you distribute your database. In
that case, each node is querying at the same time.

Thoughts are appreciated.

Cheers,
BA

Joe Williams

Dec 17, 2008, 11:33:17 PM12/17/08
to think...@googlegroups.com
I am interested in this as well if anyone has details on it.

Thanks.
-Joe
--
Name: Joseph A. Williams
Email: j...@joetify.com

Joel Reymont

Dec 18, 2008, 4:15:44 AM12/18/08
to think...@googlegroups.com
> I am interested in this as well if anyone has details on it.

I'll try to poke around this weekend.

--
http://wagerlabs.com