the making of a forum app / what goes in the mind of a developer

Joel Reymont

Dec 2, 2008, 9:42:25 PM12/2/08
to think...@googlegroups.com
So I'm trying to develop the forum app on top of Erlang Web.

First thought? Was the documentation translated from Polish?

Second thought? Where are the full example apps?

Third thought? I happen to know the people behind this so I'll just
ask them privately for full sample source code. I must be lucky.

I hope that Francesco will respond positively tomorrow and I'll be
able to proceed with building a forum app. I haven't done this before
but it doesn't sound technically difficult.

I need to keep track of a number of forums, where each forum keeps
track of a number of threads, where each thread keeps track of a
number of messages. Each message has an author, body, date/time, etc.

I suspect the hardest part will be to skin the app but I'm
particularly fond of the http://finisht.com/ design and plan to steal
it, perhaps changing the color scheme. I'm no good as a designer, at
least not yet, but I do have permission from the Lion Burger folks to
use their design.

--
http://twitter.com/wagerlabs