auto-wrapping c libraries in erlang

Joel Reymont

Dec 14, 2008, 1:16:07 PM12/14/08
to think...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

Have you had to deal with wrapping C libraries in Erlang?

I'm thinking of setting up a web service to do this, for a price.

You give me the pre-processed C headers and I give you back all the
necessary Erlang code for your linked-in driver.

Makes any business sense?

--
http://wagerlabs.com

Jim McCoy

Dec 15, 2008, 12:11:37 AM12/15/08
to think...@googlegroups.com
As someone who once tried to wrestle the old FFI patches into the
current erlang source I would love to see something like this, but to
be honest I can't really see it being much of a business. You are
basically making a bet on how much people are willing to pay vs. the
time cost of setting up and beating on EDTK. If the FFI patches ever
get updated you are also facing a diminishing return.

jim