method to trigger GUI setting serialization?

Steve Borho

Jul 12, 2021, 2:22:42 PM7/12/21
to thg...@googlegroups.com
While we are on the topic of long-lived sources of pain that haven’t been quite bad enough to debug and fix..

At some point; it might have been the transition to Qt5; we lost the ability to store the QScintilla editor settings. Every time I restart thg on Linux or Mac I have to re-configure the commit editor wrap options, the white-space visibility options for the diff browser, etc.

Is there a way to manually trigger this serialization that doesn’t involve the race hazards that occur while we are closing the application?

Steve Borho
st...@borho.org

Yuya Nishihara

Jul 13, 2021, 6:57:50 AM7/13/21
to thg...@googlegroups.com, Steve Borho
QSettings::sync() will flush the changes to file, but I don't know if that
will solve the problem. Deleting ~/.config/TortoiseHg/TortoiseHgQt.ini might
help if the problem caused by Qt5 (or PyQt5) transition.