PyCon in April 2023 - propose talk + poster by Friday

Sumana Harihareswara

Dec 6, 2022, 11:20:51 AM12/6/22
to The Update Framework (TUF)
https://us.pycon.org/2023/speaking/guidelines/

PyCon US is requesting talks and posters. The deadline to submit is December 9th (3 days from now).

Conference talks and poster sessions will be held April 21-23, 2023 in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA.

I suggest that we submit a talk and a poster about the current progress of PEPs 458 and 480. (I believe it's easier to get a poster accepted than a talk; getting one accepted does not affect the other.) I suggested this a few weeks ago in another mailing list but didn't get any responses.

I can help people write proposals, and I could be the lead for a poster, but would prefer to support other people as talk speakers instead of speaking myself.

If anyone is interested in proposing or co-proposing, please speak up immediately so we have time to write the proposals!

-Sumana Harihareswara

Joshua Lock

Dec 7, 2022, 5:40:47 AM12/7/22
to Sumana Harihareswara, The Update Framework (TUF)

I don’t think I’ll be available to travel to Utah, but I would be more than happy to support folks interested in submitting a poster.

Joshua

Sumana Harihareswara

Dec 10, 2022, 10:30:24 AM12/10/22
to Joshua Lock, The Update Framework (TUF), Dustin Ingram, William Woodruff, Jussi Kukkonen, Marina Moore, Lukas Puehringer, Kairo Francisco de Araujo
The proposal deadline has been extended to Dec 11th (Monday).

Dustin: are you proposing a supply chain security talk for PyCon?

Everyone else: are any of you potentially available to present or co-present a talk or poster, in person, in April? Marina and I can help you write the proposal (and Joshua can help with poster proposals) but we need to get it in by the end of the day Monday.

--
Sumana Harihareswara

Lukas Puehringer

Dec 12, 2022, 3:45:22 AM12/12/22
to Sumana Harihareswara, Joshua Lock, The Update Framework (TUF), Dustin Ingram, William Woodruff, Jussi Kukkonen, Marina Moore, Kairo Francisco de Araujo
I won't make it to Utah either. (Happy to submit to EuroPython, though.)