keyid TAP

Marina Moore

Mar 25, 2020, 3:41:41 PM3/25/20
to theupdate...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would like to share a proposed TAP I have been working on to improve the flexibility of keyids in the TUF specification. This TAP allows for keyids to be calculated without the use of SHA-256 so that implementations that do not use SHA-256 elsewhere do not have to use it in this one instance. It will also allow implementations to more easily use GPG and some smart cards that require their own keyid calculation methods. The TAP is currently in the draft stage, and I would appreciate any feedback. It is available here: https://github.com/theupdateframework/taps/pull/112.

Thanks,
Marina