First time contributer on TUF. Help Needed

Shubhika Bhardwaj

Jan 24, 2023, 12:41:00 PM1/24/23
to The Update Framework (TUF)
Hi everyone

I am trying to create my first PR for a "good first issue". I am getting the following error while pushing my code to a remote branch. Please let me know, how can I get access to  theupdateframework/taps.git

Command Used: xx.jpg

remote: Permission to theupdateframework/taps.git denied to ShubhikaBhardwaj.
fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/theupdateframework/taps.git/': The requested URL returned error: 403

Aditya Sirish A Yelgundhalli

Jan 24, 2023, 12:43:45 PM1/24/23
to theupdate...@googlegroups.com

Hi Shubhika,

Welcome! You need to fork the repository to your own GitHub account as you will not have the necessary permissions to push to the main repository. Here's a handy writeup that'll get you caught up with our dev workflow: https://github.com/secure-systems-lab/lab-guidelines/blob/master/dev-workflow.md

- Aditya

OpenPGP_signature

Shubhika Bhardwaj

Jan 24, 2023, 10:21:06 PM1/24/23