Friday, January 15, 2015 2 items

eSPOKES

Jan 15, 2016, 8:09:12 AM1/15/16
to Thetis Island eSPOKES
Thetis eSPOKES Friday, January 15, 2015 2 items
Missing 6hp Evinrude Motor
CRTC invites comment on broadband Internet or the lack thereof

Missing 6hp Evinrude Motor
I have been off-island for a month and have come back to discover that the motor off my sailboat has gone missing.  It is a 6hp Evinrude outboard motor.  My boat was stored in a secured location that has been posted as a “No Trespassing” area.  I have notified the RCMP of this incident and ask that if anyone has information leading to the return of my motor, I would greatly appreciate to hear from you.  Thank you.
Brittany Miller (604) 967-1313

The CRTC wants to talk about broadband Internet with Canadians!
Canadians are invited to fill out a questionnaire and have their say
News Release from Government of Canada
Full Release and links online:

January 14, 2016 – Gatineau – Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission

The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) is inviting Canadians to share their views on the telecommunications services they need to participate in the digital economy.

The CRTC is currently reviewing telecommunications services, including Internet services, which are offered in Canada. During the first phase of this proceeding, which was launched in April 2015, the CRTC began to collect information to better understand the telecommunications services provided to Canadians and determine the areas in Canada that are not being adequately served.

During this second phase of the proceeding, the CRTC is seeking more information from Canadians and making it possible for them to share their views in multiple ways. As it is important to hear from Canadians across the country on these important issues, the CRTC is using both online and more traditional methods to facilitate their participation.

Some of the questions that the CRTC would like Canadians to answer include the following:

What telecommunications services do Canadians consider necessary to participate in the digital economy?
Which services do Canadians rely on the most to communicate?
Should the prices for telecommunications services in Canada be similar between urban and non-urban areas?
What upload and download speeds for broadband Internet service would meet Canadians’ needs?
Canadians have until February 8, 2016 to send comments and request to appear at a public hearing in April 2016. They can do so by:
      • filling out the online form;
      • writing to the Secretary General, CRTC, Ottawa, Ontario K1A ON2; or
      • sending a fax to (819) 994-0218.
      • The CRTC is also making available a short questionnaire for Canadians to fill out in order to share their views on the telecommunications services available in their region.
More at: