[The Scent] A Better Life

1 view

Dynamite Soul

Jun 4, 2007, 10:29:01 PM6/4/07
to thes...@googlegroups.com
[http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/29/science/29cheap.html?ex=1338177600&en=87c24624fa224b5d&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink]
The New York Times joins in the discussion of better living for the poor, and greener ideas for us all. First:

By DONALD G. McNEIL Jr.
Published: May 29, 2007
The Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum is honoring inventors dedicated to helping the billions of people living on less than $2 a day.
Also, check out the Video:

Tools for Better Living
Video
An exhibit at the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum in New York features inventions designed to help the world's poor move out of poverty.
Is there room for style in the sustainable living movement? Butofcourse! An Earthship may be a little out of my league, but there is a blog I frequent which features lots of exciting green design. There are pre-fabbed homes, recycled furniture, and a host of other ideas which seek to help us live a life with less waste. Introducing ... INHABITAT!

--
Posted By Dynamite Soul to The Scent at 6/04/2007 09:37:00 PM