[The Scent] Earthships

Dynamite Soul

May 14, 2007, 8:33:37 PM5/14/07
to thes...@googlegroups.com
[http://www.earthship.net/]

I was watching a show about Africa, and was reminded about the same thought I had during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. I had been thinking about earth ships. I had originally seen one some years ago on a "Home" show on cable.

Earthships are made of old beverage cans, glass and plastic bottles, and old tires. I know the idea of living in a home made of trash doesn't sound appealing, but the results of such items mixed with earth, cement, and adobe can be quite amazing.

With all of the trash we make, and all of the homes that need building, an earthship may be a viable option for those who need a decent home and few resources. Even if there is no running water or electricity, an Earth Ship has the potential to provide comfortable housing. I'm sure that it would be better than this:

--
Posted By Dynamite Soul to The Scent at 5/14/2007 07:50:00 PM