[The Scent] PBS: African American Lives II

Dynamite Soul

Jan 29, 2008, 11:18:49 AM1/29/08
to thes...@googlegroups.com
An excerpt from the website:

Four-Part Series Explores Roots, Race and Identity Through Ancestry of Remarkable Individuals, Including Maya Angelou, Bliss Broyard, Don Cheadle, Morgan Freeman, Peter Gomes, Kathleen Henderson, Linda Johnson Rice, Tom Joyner, Jackie Joyner-Kersee, Chris Rock and Tina Turner

"These stories of adversity, sacrifice, achievement and empowerment transcend the realm of color with a universal resonance."

- Henry Louis Gates Jr., series host and participant

Being that I will most likely inherit the role as family historian, this series is of special significance to me. I believe that everyone could benefit from watching this series. The previews show that African American history includes unexpected and rarely discussed relationships. The previews have me so excited to see the methods and measures it took to make such genealogical revelations.

--
Posted By Dynamite Soul to The Scent at 1/29/2008 11:00:00 AM