V8 debugger?

Cal Heldenbrand

Aug 7, 2014, 9:30:40 AM8/7/14
to therub...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I'm running a large framework of javascript code, and I'm looking for some js debugger tools.  I noticed in the source there used to be a V8::C::Debug::EnableAgent() call, but it was removed.  Specifically, my wish item is to be able to hook into the exception events.  I'd like to print debug information for exceptions that are thrown and caught, and which line numbers they occur at.  My previous experience is with SpiderMonkey, so I'm new to the V8 API.  But it looks like the debugger protocol has a setexceptionbreak command that is close to what I'm looking for.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Thank you!

--Cal

Charles Lowell

Aug 7, 2014, 11:09:33 AM8/7/14
to Cal Heldenbrand, therub...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cal,

I’d be more than happy to pair program with you in order to add the EnableAgent call back. It shouldn’t be that difficult. What do you say?

cheers,
Charles

Cal Heldenbrand

Aug 7, 2014, 11:13:19 AM8/7/14
to therub...@googlegroups.com, cal.hel...@gmail.com
Already on it like a blanket!  I just got the agent fired up, and saw my first JSON output when telnetting to my local port.  I'll submit a pull request in a few minutes here after I play with it a bit.  This is way cooler than SpiderMonkey, I have to say.  Are there any convenient debugger clients out there, other than this Eclipse plugin I saw mentions of?

Thank you!

--Cal