Undulate phase boundaries on binary T-x diagrams

Evgenii Rudnyi

Sep 6, 2008, 5:52:35 PM9/6/08
to thermody...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have just read the paper

Dmitri V. Malakhov, Thevika Balakumar
Undulate phase boundaries on binary T-x diagrams
Computer Coupling of Phase Diagrams and Thermochemistry 32 (2008) 89-93

I have found the paper very interesting. The authors have shown that an
inflection point on the phase boundary may occur even with the ideal
solution. For reasons that I do not understand, my intuition would say
that this should not be the case. Yet, the careful and thoughtful
analysis in the paper shows that whether this happens or not depends on
the entropy of fusion.

I have repeated Fig 2 with TDLIB. All the related files are in the
archive malakhov08.zip that is available here

http://groups.google.com/group/thermodynamicslib/web/malakhov08.zip

Best wishes,

Evgenii