Tuck pointing recommendation

Lisa O'D

Mar 25, 2017, 12:38:02 PM3/25/17
to ThePocket
Hi all,

I am looking for a recommendation for a company to tuck point my century old exterior. Previously was put on to four seasons renovation a couple of years ago and now that I am ready, I am not sure if they are still in business as no answer to emails. Regardless, I would appreciate any and all recommendations.

Happy Spring,
Lisa

Whitney Sellors

Mar 25, 2017, 12:50:35 PM3/25/17
to Lisa O'D, ThePocket
We had a great experience with Red Robin Masonry. They actually grind out the highly recessed areas before repointing. When I asked Otto of Otto's Masonry if they grind out as well, he said they only do that for historic buildings downtown... (a roofer had previously mentioned to me to make sure whoever we hired did it "properly" by grinding out etc, so it was on my radar).
We had a few hiccups with Red Robin but their customer service is excellent. Their quote was cheaper than Otto's, as well, and tho the job ended up taking them longer than originally anticipated, they stuck to it. We highly recommend them! Tell them we sent you (23 Baird, feel free to check out our mortar).