[Need your Input for your Successor] Team Management

1 view

inez natalia

May 30, 2014, 4:58:20 AM5/30/14
to thepil...@googlegroups.com
Hey Pilots,

Hope you are great and still have the huge energy in this 1 month Final Sprint :)
I’m making session right now for your elect, and the best people I can ask for input is of course my own LCPs :)

The session is about TEAM MANAGEMENT, it’s still really broad and general, I will make it sharper and relevant to the reality here, thus please answer these 3 simple questions:
  • “What are my main difficulties/obstacles in managing my team?”
  • “What is my Good Case Practice in managing my LCEB that other LCPs need to continue doing it"
  • “If only I knew back then, what would I do differently in managing my EB Team”
You can answer any question with list of thoughts, as many as you want :)
Your thoughts will be highly appreciated.

Thank you so so much :))

---

Best Regards,

Inez Natalia Putri

President

AIESEC in Cambodia

#55, Street 180, Sangkat Boeung Raing, Khan Daun Penh; Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Mobile: (855) 96 2882 609 | Office: (855) 86 287 895
Email: ineznata...@aiesec.net | website: aiesec.org.kh | Connect: Facebook Twitter Youtube

Our international platform enables young people to explore and develop their leadership potential for them to have a positive impact in society.

Please consider the environment before printing this email. Acting Sustainably is one of the six core values of AIESEC.

This message is a PRIVATE communication. This message and all attachments are a private communication sent by a representative of AIESEC in Cambodia and may be confidential or protected by privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the information contained in or attached to this message is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, and then delete it from your system. Thank you.

Tonghuor TAK

May 31, 2014, 12:08:30 AM5/31/14
to thepil...@googlegroups.com
Hi Inez,

Here are my answers:

1. My foremost difficulty is that my EB consists of 3 strong personality people in the name of Wadh, Vuth and Both. Most of the time, it is very hard to manage them in the team, to make them listen to one another and accept others' ideas. In addition, these people are not easily convinced to adopt my ideas or strategies because they are also talented and competence. Also, I need to engage other two VPs who do not usually talk much in order to diminish the dominance of the three guys. Lastly, keeping everyone motivated throughout the term is very challenging and demanding. My VPs are quite young and immature, so their feeling fluctuates. They are happy at times, and at other, they are feeling down and tired of everything.

2. The first good case practice is to understand and listen to my VPs so that I know how to deal with them in appropriate manner because we need different communication channels and behaviors to work with different sorts of people. Second, in order to make my VPs stay longer and motivated, I normally leave them space and time to use their creativity and strategies. They feel the sense of ownership in themselves as well as in the team because they don't feel they are being managed and told to do things all the time. Finally, make everyone respect each other so that the team can be in order and good spirit.

3. What I would do differently was to strongly enforce the culture of respecting each other. In fact, I was always trying to put people into respecting one another but for the first couples of months into the term, this kind of behavior was slowly being implemented. The thing is that my VPs were very wild and immature, so it was very hard to kick them into respecting one another. But now they are respectful and understanding a lot more.

I hope my input can be of good use and of the benefits for the LCPe.

Thank you and have a nice weekend Inez! :D

Warmest regards,

Tonghuor TAK
(Mr.)

Local Committee President | AIESEC IFL

AIESEC in Cambodia

#55, Street 180, Sangkat Boeung Raing, Khan Daun Penh; Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Mobile: (855) 17 33 99 07Office: (855) 86 287 895
Email: tonghu...@aiesec.net | website: aiesec.org.kh | Connect: Facebook Twitter Youtube

inez natalia

Jun 2, 2014, 4:22:13 AM6/2/14
to thepil...@googlegroups.com
that is a really really great input Tonghuor :)
It will be beneficial for LCPe for sure. Thank you so much.

Hope other LCPs can spare a little time to share as well.
thank you so much :)

---

Best Regards,

Inez Natalia Putri