New Metal Casting Plant to Invest 1.3 Million in Greenwood County

themeta...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2008, 5:19:23 AM7/8/08
to Global Metal Casting Community
The Partnership Alliance of Greenwood announces the arrival of a new
company, Greenwood Casting Services, Inc. Code named by Partnership
Alliance as ‘Project Hockey’, this company is expected to invest
approximately $1.3 million dollars and create 20-40 new jobs for
Greenwood County.

According to Shane Gardner, plant manager of Greenwood Casting
Services, Inc., the facility located at 4412 Ninety-Six Highway in the
city of Ninety-Six, will have 40,000 square feet of manufacturing
space. It is scheduled to be operational by mid-July.

“We specialize in grinding and finishing work, in addition to the
inspection and cleaning of gray iron castings,” Gardner said. “Our
main goal is to provide a good quality product and service to all our
customers.”

Gardner said there are plans to expand their services in the future
and possibly add CNC machining.

Jay West, CEO of Greenwood Partnership Alliance, said, “We are
thrilled to have this new company locate in Greenwood County and
specifically in the town of Ninety-Six. The quality of the company
along with the available workforce in Ninety-Six will be a benefit for
both. We look forward to doing everything we can do make this a
successful endeavor.”

“The county has been very proactive in the recruitment of jobs for
Greenwood and this is an exciting opportunity,” said Greenwood County
Manager Vic Carpenter.

Patrick Moody, greenwood county council member for district 5, added,
“I appreciate the hard work that everyone has done to make this
happen. Anytime we get announcements for new business or industry I
get excited. This is particularly special because of the new jobs and
opportunities it will bring to the town of Ninety-Six and surrounding
community.”

“Anytime you have a company that is bringing new jobs for local
people, it’s exciting –especially in today’s economy,” said Mayor
Arvest Turner, “We are excited about the process that will take place
and we know they will become an integral part of the town of Ninety
six.”