Hung Bunny / Roman Dog Bird cassette release from theMelvins.net & Small Doses!

THEMELVINS.NET

Aug 21, 2016, 12:11:23 PM8/21/16
to Melvins News & Tour Dates

I'm really excited to announce a new Melvins cassette that I'm releasing along with my friend Joe's record label Small Doses! On February 8, 2003, Melvins performed live to accompany Cameron Jamie's Super 8 Film BB at the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis. They performed the score twice, each time offering a unique take on the songs Hung Bunny and Roman Dog Bird from the legendary Lysol record. Both performances are featured on this release. The audio was mastered for cassette by James Plotkin and the tapes were professionally duplicated onto the highest quality chrome plus tape. The music sounds amazing and massive. The cassettes are packaged in a custom, letterpress printed, die cut box made by Stumptown Printers in Portland, Oregon. There are 15 different cassette shell colors dispersed in the run. Each of the 500 tapes features a unique cover image –no two are alike

The Melvins' Hung Bunny/Roman Dog Bird cassette will make its debut at the Prick release party on August 11, 2016 at Grumpy's in Minneapolis. Melvins will have them on subsequent tour dates as well. The majority of the run will be sold in the shop at small-doses.comThe online sale begins on Sunday August 21st at Noon/12PM Central time.

This is a special release that I've been thinking about doing for a while now and came to fruition over the past few months after pulling the plan together and receiving the Melvins blessing. Aside from it being a great recording of a unique piece of music by the band, it also is a sort of personal celebration around the years of working on this site and the desire to put something like this out and share it with the people that have visited themelvins.net over the years, contributed to the wiki, and come together on the forum.

Upcoming U.S. Tour Dates

August 22, 2016 - Columbus, OH - A&R Music Bar

August 23, 2016 - Pittsburgh, PA - Rex Theater

August 24, 2016 - Buffalo, NY - Iron Works

August 26, 2016 - Syracuse, NY - The Westcott Theater

August 27, 2016 - Northampton, MA - Pearl Street

August 28, 2016 - Hamden, CT - The Ballroom at the Outer Space

August 29, 2016 - Providence, RI - Fete Ballroom

August 31, 2016 - Baltimore, MD - Ottobar

September 1, 2016 - Carrboro, NC - Cat's Cradle

September 3, 2016 - Cookeville, TN - Muddy Roots Music Festival

September 5, 2016 - Athens, GA - 40 Watt Club

September 6, 2016 - Charlotte, NC - Amos' Southend

September 7, 2016 - Charleston, SC - Music Farm

September 8, 2016 - Jacksonville, FL - Jack Rabbits

September 10, 2016 - Baton Rouge, LA - Spanish Moon

September 11, 2016 - Jackson, MS - During Hall

September 12, 2016 - Memphis, TN - Hi-Tone

September 13, 2016 - Little Rock, AR - Metroplex

September 14, 2016 - Tulsa, OK - Cain's Ballroom

September 15, 2016 - Oklahoma City, OK - The ACM @ UCO Performance Lab

September 16, 2016 - Norman, OK - Opolis

September 17, 2016 - Austin, TX - The Sidewinder

September 18, 2016 - San Antonio, TX - Paper Tiger

September 20, 2016 - El Paso, TX - Lowbrow Palace

September 21, 2016 - Tuscon, AZ - Club Congress

September 24, 2016 - Long Beach, CA - Music Tastes Good Festival

December 27, 2016 - Santa Ana, CA - Observatory Orange County (w/Redd Kross, Off!)

December 31, 2016 - Pioneertown, CA - Pappy and Harriet's (w/Redd Kross, Off!)

Buzz & Dale starred in an episode of Cartoon Network's Uncle Grandpa! Buzz told Rolling Stone“I LOVED seeing myself animated, it's the most reality I've had in a long time. These guys were so nice to us! They even allowed Dale and I to do the voiceovers sans pants!”  Dale added, "I always wanted to be in animation and do cartoon voices, so this is a dream come true for me. We look hilarious as cartoon characters and fit right in with Uncle Grandpa and his gang!"  This has now aired and aside from reruns your best bet is to download the episode from either Amazon or iTunes! (It's episode 5 RV Olympics/Uncle Melvins)