MakerMap spreading to France and elsewhere

Mathilde

Feb 13, 2013, 3:57:09 PM2/13/13
to thema...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I presented the MakerMap to the french makers' community in an article on LeMonde.fr blog : http://makingsociety.blog.lemonde.fr/2013/02/13/makermap-carte-ressource-de-la-communaute-maker/

Hope it will help grow the map in France as we have many spaces and resources available for makers. The more international, the better.

I guess it makes sense for now to have it centered on the Bay Area but it would be great to be able to change the default location more easily.

--
Mathilde
http://makingsociety.com/

nickpinkston

Feb 13, 2013, 6:03:10 PM2/13/13
to thema...@googlegroups.com
Yea, this is definitely something we need! Is there a way to just do a simple geo-grab and center on the closest city to you with an MakerMap leader?

I.e. If I'm in Reno, NV it would just zone to the local list. Not sure if it should do this, or just center in on your exact position and let you navigate from there.

Thoughts guys?

- Nick

justin

Feb 14, 2013, 2:03:29 AM2/14/13
to thema...@googlegroups.com
It does this if you're using a browser that implements the html5 geolocation API (and you approve the lookup).

-- j

http://justinhileman.com

nickpinkston

justin

Feb 15, 2013, 12:36:14 AM2/15/13
to thema...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, IIRC it works on recent WebKit browsers, Firefox and IE 10.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/themakermap/-/LgI-sG8QsMwJ.