The end of TheLastRipper is here...

Jonas Finnemann Jensen

Dec 11, 2012, 2:33:25 PM12/11/12
to thelastr...@googlegroups.com
it can hardly comes as surprise... TheLastRipper have been unmaintained for years. And with last.fm having launched a new API a few years ago, it's no surprise that they've decided to close the old API.

I haven't used TheLastRipper for years, but I've getting mail from people who wonders why it doesn't work anymore.
So I think it's fair to conclude that the project is dead.
It's been in a poor state for years, so let's be happy that we don't need to record radio to get DRM-free music today :)

I did a quick blog post to mark the end of TheLastRipper, see: http://jonasfj.dk/blog/2012/12/the-end-of-thelastripper/

So I've left to say is thanks for all the fun we've had.
This conversation is locked