tests that fail

dhanya.d...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2017, 5:56:22 PM11/27/17
to Theia Vision Library
Hi Chris,

Here are the tests that failed for me. I think I still need the triangulation to work.

The following tests FAILED:
13 - find_polynomial_roots_jenkins_traub_test (Failed)
16 - normalized_graph_cut_test (Failed)
42 - estimate_triangulation_test (Failed)
46 - extract_maximally_parallel_rigid_subgraph_test (SEGFAULT)
49 - filter_view_pairs_from_relative_translation_test (SEGFAULT)
53 - least_unsquared_deviation_position_estimator_test (Failed)
62 - hybrid_reconstruction_estimator_test (SEGFAULT)
63 - incremental_reconstruction_estimator_test (SEGFAULT)
88 - twoview_info_test (SEGFAULT)
93 - exhaustive_ransac_test (Failed)
94 - exhaustive_sampler_test (Failed)

Thx
Dhanya

Chris Sweeney

Nov 27, 2017, 6:46:18 PM11/27/17
to dhanya.d...@gmail.com, Theia Vision Library
It seems likely that something is not set up correctly if you are seeing this many segfaults. Could you please send me the output of the twoview_info test? The command will be something like:

./bin/twoview_info_test --logtostderr --v=2

Make sure you have the flags as this will output some debug information to the screen.

Chris

luhp...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2018, 4:25:44 AM3/21/18
to Theia Vision Library
Hi Chris,
I have some tests failed like Dhanya had listed(except 42, 93, 94).

The following tests FAILED:
13 - find_polynomial_roots_jenkins_traub_test (Failed)
16 - normalized_graph_cut_test (Failed)
46 - extract_maximally_parallel_rigid_subgraph_test (SEGFAULT)
49 - filter_view_pairs_from_relative_translation_test (SEGFAULT)
53 - least_unsquared_deviation_position_estimator_test (Failed)
62 - hybrid_reconstruction_estimator_test (SEGFAULT)
63 - incremental_reconstruction_estimator_test (SEGFAULT)
88 - twoview_info_test (SEGFAULT)

And I follow your instructions to run twoview_info test. Here is the output:

I0321 16:16:08.768807 2950554432 test_main.cc:48] Running tests with logs enabled.
[==========] Running 4 tests from 1 test case.
[----------] Global test environment set-up.
[----------] 4 tests from TwoViewInfo
[ RUN ] TwoViewInfo.SwapCameras
Segmentation fault: 11

I'm not sure whether these failed tests will affect the operation of the Theia.

Thanks a lot.
Haopeng Lu

Chris Sweeney

Mar 21, 2018, 3:39:56 PM3/21/18
to luhp...@gmail.com, Theia Vision Library
Are you synced to the master? I am not sure why segfaults are happening for some users on these simple tests. This will definitely cause the SfM pipeline to fail.

Chris

Message has been deleted

luhp...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2018, 11:31:46 PM3/21/18
to Theia Vision Library
Chris:
Thanks for your reply!

I've tried the whole process again, but nothing has changed.
I noticed that when I run 「cmake ..」 , it couldn't found OpenMP library:

-- Could NOT find OpenMP_C (missing: OpenMP_C_FLAGS OpenMP_C_LIB_NAMES)
-- Could NOT find OpenMP_CXX (missing: OpenMP_CXX_FLAGS OpenMP_CXX_LIB_NAMES)
-- Could NOT find OpenMP (missing: OpenMP_C_FOUND OpenMP_CXX_FOUND)
CMake Warning at libraries/flann/CMakeLists.txt:127 (message):
OpenMP NOT found

And I've tried several methods to install the openMP library, but it still doesn't work.
Would this error lead to the failure of tests?

Dhanya Devarajan

Mar 22, 2018, 1:21:44 PM3/22/18
to luhp...@gmail.com, Theia Vision Library
Thank you Lu for CCing me on this.

Do keep me in the loop if you find a solution. There are many algorithms here that I use repeatedly, but currently resolving to other libraries because of these segmentation faults.

Dhanya

Chris Sweeney

Mar 22, 2018, 1:40:54 PM3/22/18
to Dhanya Devarajan, luhp...@gmail.com, Theia Vision Library
The problem is that I cannot replicate these segfaults on my own machines (mac or linux). If you are able to debug them and provide a fix, that would be the best solution.