Levarage Theia for rotation comparison

anhdu...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2018, 10:38:23 PM7/2/18
to Theia Vision Library
Hi,

Thanks for sharing a great tool as Theia. I would like to use and refer some functions of Theia for evaluation of structure from motion.

I am trying to align orientation between cameras of reconstructed 3D point cloud and the groundtruth.

My rotation of my groundtruth is Euler angles in degree. I leverage the Theia Camera object to store my groundtruth, so I use function "SetOrientationFromRotationMatrix". I would like to know that your Camera object considers orientation angle as radian or degree???

I read the code within applications/compare_reconstructions.cc. The function "AngularDifference" use Angle() function of Eigen which seems to return radians. However, within function "EvaluateRotations" which uses "AngularDifference" as degree.

So I am quite confused, could you please help me?

Thank you very much!

Chris Sweeney

Jul 13, 2018, 11:13:27 AM7/13/18
to anhdu...@gmail.com, Theia Vision Library
Internally, the camera class stores an angle-axis vector so neither radians nor degrees are explicitly represented.

Good catch about compare_reconstructions! Could you submit a fix for this? All you'd have to do is add the function theia::RadToDeg to AngularDifference to convert from radians to degrees.

Chris