From Alan Regarding Plymouth's Drag Queen Story Hour

Alan Wilmot

Jun 24, 2021, 1:03:06 PM6/24/21
to Unknown
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

I have an email distribution list for pastors who are concerned about issues affecting our children and who wish to support parents who attempt to address these issues.

With very short notice a Drag Queen Story Hour was held at the Plymouth Public Library this week, and I was part of a quickly organized group that went to the event to express our concerns. The email below is my report on what happened, with lessons learned, that I sent to those on my distribution list.

This morning I was encouraged to share it with the broader Glory of God on Cape Cod, and after bouncing it off Mamdouh, I'm forwarding it below.

If you would like to be on my distribution, let me know. It is completely voluntary, you can respond to as much or as little as you wish.

My burden is that this is an age in which the Church cannot remain silent on these kinds of issues. I don't think that's a great surprise, I don't think there is ever a time in which the Church should remain silent.

God bless you all,

Alan
Pastor, Anglican Church of the Resurrection

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Jun 24, 2021, 4:59:23 PM6/24/21
to thegloryofg...@googlegroups.com
Dear Pastor Alan,

Thank you so much for your letter. I am not a pastor but I have been involved in worship and other leadership at Pocasset Baptist Church (in Bourne) for many years. I was present at the Plymouth Library on Tuesday.  I left early when the gentleman began to scream and yell at the counter demonstrators. I am not saying that I don't empathize with his frustration and anger. He is a father defending his children.  I am not saying that I am above such an outburst myself but I also know that it is not productive and I don't want to be publicly identified with that kind of response.

This was my first time to attend such an event. I will continue to get involved. I want to be supportive and express concern just as you described in your letter. Yet, at that moment on Tuesday, I needed to step back and pray and clarify the ambivalence I am experiencing.

 I am concerned as a Christian mother of 2 adult children and grandmother of 4. I stand for my Lord Jesus Christ even more than for our flag and our police . Yet, I know that as I get involved with local patriots not all are coming from the same devotion to Christ even though we agree on conservative values. I want to show Christ's love, encourage them to get closer to the Lord and to stand with them in solidarity with those values we agree upon. Yet, I cannot participate with those who are shouting epithets and endorsing the idea that we "fight fire with fire."  In other words, that "if they can do it, we can do it."

Should we suggest training sessions if we are going to continue to demonstrate? The local patriot groups are probably doing that already. Should we gather to pray prior to demonstrations?

I feel the need for godly people to humbly offer leadership assistance.

Sincerely in Christ,

Margaret Reali

homeport1989

Jun 24, 2021, 5:18:35 PM6/24/21
to thegloryofg...@googlegroups.com
Amen Margaret!!
Before anything we should make sure our actions line it with the principle of Phillipians 4:8.
Firm but strong in our convictions. Our response should line up with   Jesus ways and not copy the world.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

christine marek

Jun 24, 2021, 6:25:39 PM6/24/21
to thegloryofg...@googlegroups.com
My opinion:  Continue to show up at events like this.  Be simple and consistent about the message you want to convey ;  We love God, we love Truth, God is Truth.  . . . Or, Isaiah 5:20-23  -  Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, etc. No need to shout it, just proclaim it, including saying the name of Jesus.  There truly is power in the name of Jesus.  The Devil trembles when he hears it.

Rick Newton

Jun 24, 2021, 6:32:34 PM6/24/21
to thegloryofg...@googlegroups.com
Brother Alan,
   Thank you for letting us know, and reaching out to make a difference. Getting the word out I believe, is the right first step in defending America and our Godly heritage.   As a watchmen on the wall, thanks for letting us know. I commend you for stepping up like that. I believe we are past the time for keeping silent. In many cases we find the enemy is already within the gates and we need to stand up. So thank you for sounding the alarm. I continue to pray for Cape Cod and all of New England as we make our way through these trying times. Too many of Gods children seem to not see the urgency of the hour. They are sleeping! But if we are going to see another Great Awakening, someone has to sound the alarm. How be it, people sleeping hate the sound of an alarm.   Keep watching, keep praying and keep sounding the alarm.
God bless you.
Rick Newton
The man with the Cross
Rncrosscarrier.org

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 24, 2021, at 1:03 PM, Alan Wilmot <wing...@gmail.com> wrote:

John R. Morales

Jun 24, 2021, 9:55:31 PM6/24/21
to thegloryofg...@googlegroups.com
   Blessings  Alen, Margaret, Christine and all who may be joining in along the way, this issue and many more are looming over the horizon of the  last days, and I truly believe that we're in the last days, but,  not knowing the exact day and time and  hour of the Lords return is why we ( must ) all " aught to stand fast and together as the church of Jesus Christ and give to Ceasar what is Ceasars, but even more give God what is Gods, and as the scripture declares about mankind " and God created man in his own image and likeness " which means exactly what Ezekiel has written, and we  the church have been called to be the light and salt of the world and the watchmen on the wall, I live in Boston and I'm pretty sure that these kinds of activities will be rising up this way as well, so from Boston our prayers are with you , I will be keeping my eyes opened, mr ears turned to stand with you in any way I can.

Tracy Lamperti

Jun 29, 2021, 6:24:27 AM6/29/21
to thegloryofg...@googlegroups.com
I appreciate the stand being taken here in the name of our Lord and for our children and families.  As a psychotherapist, I struggle daily against these dark forces impacting Cape Cod.  I look all around among my mental health colleagues and find little fellowship on these issues, that quite frankly, are basic and only require a little common sense to see the truth, whether one is a Christian or not.  Thanks be to God for the fellowship we have among us.  If I can be of any support in the body of believers and among the spiritual leaders, regarding issues of mental health and wellness, please do call on me.

Blessings,
Tracy Lamperti

Alan Wilmot

Jun 29, 2021, 8:44:05 AM6/29/21
to Unknown
Dear Tracy,

May God bless you in your struggle against these powers and principalities. He who is in us is greater than he who is in the world.

In Him,

Alan

Judie Day

Jun 29, 2021, 8:44:12 AM6/29/21
to thegloryofg...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tracy,
Thank you so much for informing me and others about what is going on and the extent to which we must be prepared to put on our armor and face evil among us. There certainly is truth in the fact that we have to always be ready to articulate the Truth of His Word into any situation that threatens our children & the vulnerable among us (which can be us). You are in a position to see far more of this than I am. And because of that I am praying for you as though you are on the front lines. And “Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than He who is in the world.”1 John 4:4
With prayer and love,
Judie

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 29, 2021, at 6:24 AM, 'Tracy Lamperti' via The Glory of God on Cape Cod <thegloryofg...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

I appreciate the stand being taken here in the name of our Lord and for our children and families.  As a psychotherapist, I struggle daily against these dark forces impacting Cape Cod.  I look all around among my mental health colleagues and find little fellowship on these issues, that quite frankly, are basic and only require a little common sense to see the truth, whether one is a Christian or not.  Thanks be to God for the fellowship we have among us.  If I can be of any support in the body of believers and among the spiritual leaders, regarding issues of mental health and wellness, please do call on me.

Gloria E. D.

Jun 29, 2021, 1:45:03 PM6/29/21
to thegloryofg...@googlegroups.com, wing...@gmail.com
Hi, this is Gloria,

We have to fight this tooth & nail!  Are parents taking their children to the library to witness this depravity?  Where do children come from, if not taken by an adult?
Some years ago there was an organization headquartered in Massachusetts, perhaps in
Boston who fought this depravity.  They put up signs at entrance of libraries warning parents not to attend, or something like that.  I donated to them to help, but have not heard from them for some time.  They seemed to be effective throughout the country, not just MA.
Gloria E.Diaz