Some encouragement to keep seeking the manifestation of God's glory in revival power

Eenvanons Basson

Jul 27, 2020, 8:13:03 AM7/27/20
to thegloryofg...@googlegroups.com

I write this as an encouragement from a nobody in Pearly Beach, Western Cape, South Africa (let’s say from the Cape of Good Hope), for our brothers and sisters in Cape Cod. My prayer is that God will encourage you to persevere in seeking the manifestation of His Presence, His glory, on His church on Cape Cod and the US.

I am actually Afrikaans speaking, but will use the ESV translation for what I want to share with you:

For some time I have been blessed by Rom 6: 4  We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.    When the Lord Jesus was crucified and died and lay completely lifeless in the grave, a mighty manifestation of the glory of God came down, revived Him, raised Him from the dead, and exactly THAT is the power by which we can walk this new life.  This reminds of Eph 1:19-20 … and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might  that He worked in Christ when He raised him from the dead and seated Him at his right hand in the heavenly places, ….

This morning I was also blessed by  John 17: 22  The glory that You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one even as We are one, 23  I in them and you in Me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that You sent Me and loved them even as You loved Me. 24   Father, I desire that they also, whom You have given Me, may be with Me where I am, to see my glory that You have given Me because You loved Me before the foundation of the world.

Surely this what we read in Romans 6 and Ephesians is the fullfillment of Hosea 6: 1-2  Come, let us return to the LORD;  for He has torn us, that He may heal us; He has struck us down, and He will bind us up.    After two days He will revive us;  on the third day He will raise us up,  that we may live before Him.  We have become one with Christ in his crucifixtion, we died with Him, we were raised with Him unto a new life, a life before Him, a life in his presence, in Him!  Now, let us obey Hosea 3:3  Let us know; let us press on to know the LORD;   his going out is sure as the dawn; He will come to us as the showers,  as the spring rains that water the earth.

2 Peter 1: 2  May grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.  3  His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him Who called us to his own glory and excellence,  4  by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.

(In the old Amplified translation: 2 Peter 1:3 For His divine power has bestowed upon us all things that [are requisite and suited] to life and godliness, through the [full, personal] knowledge of Him Who called us by and to His own glory and excellence (virtue). )

Phil 3:8-9 Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ  and be found in him, ….

Col 3:1-3 If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.  2  Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.  3  For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

We have great treasures here to meditate on, to hear what the Lord our God is speaking to us!  May the Lord enlighten us and enable to live in the fullness of these promises. May He send the “showers of rain” and manifest his glory on Cape Cod and US and on the Cape of Good Hope!

Your sister in Christ

Engela Basson

Robert Storm

Jul 27, 2020, 10:11:36 AM7/27/20
to thegloryofg...@googlegroups.com
Many, many thanks, Sister Engela.  Your words are very encouraging, particularly as New England, a Puritan (that is, Congregational, which is English Reformed) foundation just a generation before Jan Van Riebeck began settlement of the Cape, is in its origins a sister society of Dutch Reformed South Africa.

With blessing,

Robb Storm
(yes, a Dutch surname)