Prayer gatherings set for Monday!

katykmiec

Feb 1, 2022, 4:37:44 PM2/1/22
to thegloryofg...@googlegroups.com
To the faithful Glory of God on Cape Cod members,

Matthew 18:20 " For where two or three gather together as my followers I am there among them.

I write to you today to invite you to come alongside us as we gather in prayer for our schools, staff and students.  Over the last few weeks our schools have been forced to deal with many students losing their lives.  Not only has this affected the students but the staff as well.  As we are reminded of our fallen world, let us look at this opportunity to come together to pray.

I am looking to hold six prayer gatherings this coming Monday, February 7th, at 7pm at the following schools.  We would love for each gathering to be overflowing with people dedicated to praying for this cause.  I am not wanting to do this when school is in session, at arrival or dismissal. I want the focus to be on prayer with minimal distractions. The high schools I am focusing on right now are Sturgis, Barnstable, Dennis-Yarmouth, Cape Cod Tech, Monomoy and Nauset.  We will congregate in the Main parking lots.  As I am not familiar with each of the schools, I will ask each leader to have their hazard lights on so you will know where to go.

I would also be interested in holding them all across the Cape so if you are a Pastor or someone that would be willing to lead at any other school, I ask you to reach out to me as I would be happy to discuss with anyone interested.

As of now we have the following schools set up with leaders:
Bruce Patterson at Nauset Regional High School located at 100 Cable Road, Eastham
Ryan Legg, at Monomoy High School located at 75 Oak Street, Harwich
Alan Wilmot at Cape Cod Tech High School located at 351 Pleasant Lake Ave, Harwich
Guy Cecchi at Dennis-Yarmouth High School located at 210 Station Ave, South Yarmouth

I am still looking for 2 more leaders to help with the Sturgis and Barnstable so again anyone willing please reach out to me. If we do not find leaders then we will not hold gatherings there.

What to expect at a prayer gathering:
Bruce Patterson suggested that at the Nauset gathering he would like to walk around the building 3 times. The 1st time everyone in silent prayer glorifying God and what he can do, the 2nd time everyone reflecting on what they heard from God during the 1st time, and then the last time focusing on covering the school, the staff, and the students over in prayer, as well as, quoting scripture that comes to mind.  Each Leader will direct you as to how the gathering will run.

If you are unable to attend, we do ask that you still pray with us at 7pm on Monday the 7th.

In preparing for this one of the devotions that came to mind that was so fitting that I wanted to share...

Prayer is our weapon when it comes to fighting very real, but unseen and spiritual battles! We live in a fast-paced world and when we face challenges it can be our tendency to seek practical or non-spiritual solutions to our problems. We encourage you to have prayer be your first response! We pray about everything!  At times, our battles are not just practical, mental, or emotional, but spiritually rooted.  the Bible says in Ephesians 6:12, "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world's darkness, and the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."  We do not need to fear, as we walk in the victory of Jesus Christ as He already conquered death through His resurrection.  We live in the tension of knowing we have the ultimate victory in Jesus while still fighting off attacks of the enemy on this earth.  We are equipped with the Holy Spirit, prayer, and the Word of God.  The Bible is filled with truth and promises of God to fight back in the Spirit and to push forward the will of God through our prayers.

Blessings to you all and I look forward to praying with you as we lift up these schools.
Katy Kmiec