A Family of Learning

Tracy Waters

Jun 23, 2020, 12:58:08 PM6/23/20
to thegloryofg...@googlegroups.com

Greetings to our Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

My wife, Tracy, and I are members of the Cape Cod Bible Alliance Church in Brewster, MA. Our doctorates and licensures are in educational leadership, curriculum development, and teaching. We are writing to share our thoughts with you about a prompting God has placed in our hearts. We feel led to share these thoughts with you because we know we all desire educational excellence for our children and to lead them in the discipline and instruction of the Lord. There have been many challenges to families during this pandemic, especially surrounding the shift to remote-learning.

Tracy and I have almost six decades of teaching, ministering, and coaching experience between us. We have a deep appreciation for and experience with Christian education. Tracy spent her entire educational journey, K-12, in a private Christian school. In addition, our children spent most of their educational experience in the same Christian school until we felt called by the Lord to begin homeschooling our children. The experience was invaluable and the children excelled academically and spiritually.

We are great supporters of Trinity Christian Academy of Cape Cod and the tremendous success they experience in fulling their mission, which is “to educate and equip students to become leaders for the glory of God". Our vision is to work in partnership with the mission of Trinity Christian Academy of Cape Cod in reaching those families who decide on a different education model than the one offered by Trinity Christian Academy. Our model is that of “Christian Hybrid Homeschool.” We deeply believe with our common bond we can honor our Lord in reaching more people for the glory of His Kingdom.

We have been exploring the challenges schools will be facing as they begin to welcome the students back into their classrooms. We understand the "new normal" will come with new guidelines and restrictions which will not be able to alleviate the anxiety parents will have in sending their children back to school. We have discovered many parents are interested in keeping the continuity of at-home learning in the fall. In fact, a recent poll suggested 40% of parents are more likely to pursue homeschooling opportunities after the lock down ends. (https://www.federationforchildren.org/national-poll-40-of-families-more-likely-to-homeschool-after-lockdowns-end/) We believe "Hybrid Homeschooling" (more information below) will fill the new niche which has been created and have started the process of opening Cape Cod Christian Academy (https://sites.google.com/view/capecodchristianacademy/home- site still in progress), which is technically a tutoring service for families looking to homeschool their child(ren).

With this in mind, Tracy and I have been led by God's spirit to reach out to you to gauge the interest from families in the church. The hybrid homeschool model combines the best attributes of traditional schooling with the best attributes of homeschooling and integrates them into one model. The hybrid homeschool is a five-day academic program with students spending 2-3 days in the central classroom and 2-3 days in their “satellite classroom” at home. Both classrooms are under the supervision of the professional educator. The result is high quality, cost-effective, college-preparatory education that gives parents more time for imparting their own faith and values to their children. In partnership with one another, parents and the school work together toward a mutual goal- to emphasize discipleship, worldview instruction, and character formation.

We live in Brewster full time and deeply love the Cape and Islands. We are very involved in our community (see below) and serving our Lord. We trust God is drawing together those He has called for this purpose, and we would love to share more information with anyone who is interested in furthering this discussion.

In Him,

Buster and Tracy Waters (Buster: 781-654-6885/ Tracy: 781-539-9762)

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Biblical Support:

  •      Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4
  •      Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6
  •      Teach them to your children, speaking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Deuteronomy 11:19

 Hybrid Homeschooling:

About Us:

Buster and Tracy Waters

Jul 29, 2020, 8:56:56 AM7/29/20
to thegloryofg...@googlegroups.com
From Buster and Tracy Waters (Cape Cod Christian Academy):

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,

Greetings in Jesus name! We wanted to give you an exciting update on Cape Christian Academy (www.capecodchristianacademy.org). After our previous email, we received a positive response from the community and we have already had several families register for the fall semester. We are in the process of preparing the curriculum, infrastructure, schedule, and study plans for students, parents, and teachers.

We would also like to take this opportunity to clarify something about our school. In our previous introductory email (please see below), we wanted to honor and publicly acknowledge Trinity Christian Academy of Cape Cod (http://www.trinitychristiancapecod.org/) and the excellent work and ministry they have done and continue to do. We simply mentioned their school name to celebrate the Christian foundation Trinity started on Cape Cod over 50 years ago.

It was brought to our attention that some interpreted it to mean that we are affiliated with Trinity Christian Academy. For the sake of clarity, we are issuing a statement to clarify that, while both schools are laborers for Christ in the harvest, our school has no formal affiliation with Trinity. In fact, Cape Cod Christian Academy is a different model. While Trinity Christian Academy of Cape Cod is a Pre-K-12 Christian school which provides in person schooling 5 days per week, as well as hybrid and remote as needed, Cape Cod Christian Academy is a K-5 Christian hybrid homeschool in which its students spend two days a week on campus being educated by our teachers, and the other three days at home being educated by their parents.

During this unprecedented time, both ministries are in a unique position to meet the needs of families seeking to educate their children with a Christian worldview. Moreover, both ministries are fellow servants of Christ and share the mission to expand the Kingdom of God on Cape Cod through the ministry of Christian education. Both ministries love and honor one another and pray the Lord's blessings upon one another's ministry.

We are grateful for the outpouring of prayers and support for our ministry.

In Him,

Buster and Tracy Waters

[...]

We have been exploring the challenges schools will be facing as they begin to welcome the students back into their classrooms. We understand the "new normal" will come with new guidelines and restrictions which will not be able to alleviate the anxiety parents will have in sending their children back to school. We have discovered many parents are interested in keeping the continuity of at-home learning in the fall. In fact, a recent poll suggested 40% of parents are more likely to pursue homeschooling opportunities after the lock down ends. (https://www.federationforchildren.org/national-poll-40-of-families-more-likely-to-homeschool-after-lockdowns-end/) We believe "Hybrid Homeschooling" (more information below) will fill the new niche which has been created and have started the process of opening Cape Cod Christian Academy (www.capecodchristianacademy.org), which is technically a tutoring service for families looking to homeschool their child(ren).