YouTube ban: Turks conspired to stage Syria attack to provoke war

Blue Pilgrim

Mar 28, 2014, 6:13:17 PM3/28/14

http://rt.com/news/turkey-syria-phone-leak-861/

YouTube ban: How Turkish officials conspired to
stage Syria attack to provoke war
Published time: March 28, 2014 12:52
Edited time: March 28, 2014 16:34
Get short URL

Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan (AFP Photo / Adem Altan)

Trends
Syria-Turkey

Tags
Al-Qaeda, Arms, Conflict, Opposition, Politics, Scandal

“I'll make up a cause of war by ordering a
missile attack on Turkey.” This leaked
conversation is coming back to haunt the highest
echelons of the Turkish government as it plans a
provocation in Syria, while scrambling to contain social media internally.

The leaked audiotapes that reveal Turkey’s
highest ministers staging an anti-Assad military
intervention in Syria, have already caused
YouTube to be shut down in the country, as well
as leading to fevered accusations of treachery
and betrayal of Turkey’s political interests – “a
declaration of war,” as Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu put it.

This is of course after intelligence chief
Hakan Fidan suggested seizing the opportunity to
secure Turkish intervention in the Syrian
conflict - a war that has already claimed 140,000
lives, and counting. In the conversation,
Davutoglu is heard saying that Prime Minister
Recep Tayyip Erdogan sees any attack as an
"opportunity" to increase troop presence in
Syria, where it has staunchly supported the anti-Assad rebels.

Below is a transcript of that conversation in
full. The video can be found below.

Ahmet Davutoglu:
"Prime Minister said that in current
conjuncture, this attack (on Suleiman Shah Tomb)
must be seen as an opportunity for us."

Hakan Fidan:
"I'll send 4 men from Syria, if that's what it
takes. I'll make up a cause of war by ordering a
missile attack on Turkey; we can also prepare an
attack on Suleiman Shah Tomb if necessary."

Hakan Fidan:
“I’ll send 4 men from Syria, if that’s what it
takes. I’ll make up a cause of war by ordering a missile attack on Turkey

Feridun Sinirlioglu:
"Our national security has become a common, cheap domestic policy outfit."

Yasar Güler:
"It's a direct cause of war. I mean, what're
going to do is a direct cause of war."
--------
FIRST SCREEN: