Erin Law looking for sound artists to join in "contact jam" tomorrow night

1 view

Tony Youngblood

Jun 13, 2014, 7:50:00 PM6/13/14
to Theatre Intangible
This message relates to Nashville-area people only.

Are you a sound artist, dancer, or performance artists? Erin Law wants you to participate in a contact jam tomorrow night! If you're interested, e-mail Erin at erin....@gmail.comDetails below:

Dear Friends,

I hope this note finds you well.  I know many of you do not live in the state of Tennessee, but I wanted to let you know about this event in case you find yourself (or hear of a friend who may be) traveling through Nashville this June.

I am delighted to share with you that I will be facilitating a contact improvisation Jam through New Dialect at The Friend's Meeting House--506 26th Ave N, Nashville, Tennessee, on Saturday, June 14, 10:30 am - 12:30 pm.  ALL are welcome, no dance experience necessary, only an open mind and willing body.  Details can be found here:  http://newdialect.org/classes/contactjam

If you know of anyone who may be interested, please forward this.  I am also looking for sound artists to join us, so please spread the word to anyone who might be willing to experiment with us.

Then, if you are interested in more intensive improvisational studies, please come to the workshop I will facilitate through New Dialect the following week, June 16-20.  We will work with contact improvisation as well as solo, small group, and ensemble improvisation.  We will explore weight sharing and partner work, our habits and untapped potentials, and rigorous specificity in improvisational practice.  To be certain, we will go on playful and dynamic somatic adventures!  For more information please visit:  http://newdialect.org/classes/ciworkshop

Best Wishes for a Summer Full of Art!
~Erin
Erin C. Law, B.A., C.L.M.A., M.F.A.
Movement Educator and Choreographer