Call for Participants: NO MEDIA NASHVILLE @ Noa Noa, Feb 28th

Tony Youngblood

Feb 17, 2014, 3:19:51 PM2/17/14
to Theatre Intangible
For those who use Facebook, details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/210284819165998/?ref=22

Otherwise:

NO MEDIA is an open improvisational realtime/performance media art event. By "open," we mean ANYONE can participate, including you! All types of expression are welcome, including music making, acting, dance, singing, visual art, poetry, storytelling, puppetry, etc.

NO MEDIA co-creator Nick Briz will be appearing at this show!

NO MEDIA NASHVILLE is organized by Morgan Higby-Flowers. To participate, contact him at mhigby...@gmail.com.

-----------------------------------

THE CONCEPT
Participating artists are randomly matched in sets of 3 and given 10 minutes to perform. NO MEDIA aims to bring together artists from a broad range of performable disciplines (poets + dancers + expanded cinemaistas + free jazzers + audio/video noise makers + etc) to challenge the conventions of their practice by responding in realtime to artists from other disciplines.

THE RULES
No Media At The Beginning!
NO preparation is allowed. Bring your tools, devices, instruments, props, etc., but you’ve got to start with a blank slate. NO time will be allotted for ‘setup’. There will be a 2 minute turn around time where you can carry your stuff up and meet your collaborators.
No Media At The End!
NO documentation allowed. It happens once and in realtime.

NO MEDIA is a concept by Chicago artists Jason Soliday, Nick Briz, and Jeff Kolar. Learn more at http://no-media.tumblr.com/

Friday, February 28th, 7:30 p.m., FREE SHOW
BYOB. Park in front yard and surrounding business lots.

We want Noa Noa to be a safe and comfortable environment for everyone. You don't have to know the Noa Noa house owners to attend. If you feel harassed or unwelcome in any way, let one of the house owners know (Tony Youngblood and Tommy Stangroom) and we will take care of the situation.

Noa Noa (house)
620 Hamilton Avenue
Nashville, TN 37203