WHY A CAMPAIGN ON GIRLS? Our experience, accumulated since 1937, shows us that no one suffers more from the consequences of poverty than girls. They are the most vulnerable and excluded. Poor girls are less likely to have a decent future, abandon stu

MARIANACABRERA Mariana

Apr 27, 2019, 6:53:18 PM4/27/19
to THEATREGROUPSUSAUSATHEATREGROUP
WHY A CAMPAIGN ON GIRLS? Our experience, accumulated since 1937, shows us that no one suffers more from the consequences of poverty than girls. They are the most vulnerable and excluded. Poor girls are less likely to have a decent future, abandon study to engage in housework or work, are forced to marry, often when they are still children, are at risk of early pregnancy, and are also the primary victims of abuse And sexual violence. Girls have the right to live in safety, to stay in school, to not be forced to work, to choose whom to marry and to be heard in their families and communities. They must have the same rights as boys.